• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What is your favorite port?

Rate this topic

ruag8tr2

Since our post over two years ago we've cruised out of Port Canaveral, which was very, very nice. Easy to get in and out of. We liked it as well as Tampa.

We also cruised out of Houston, which was terrible. The port building is so small you have to check in aboard ship. It was a very long and tiresome wait. Disembarkation was even worse. The buses with arriving passengers and departing passengers made for one gigantic traffic jam. This was just for one ship! Can't imagine more--it would be total gridlock.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All 64 of my cruises have left from Miami or Port Everglades (FtL), except one!

I prefer Miami, even though I live in Ft. Lauderdale. the drive into the port is beautiful, passing downtown Miami and Bayside. The views are fantastic as the ship leaves the port, past Star Island, Hibiscus Island, fabulous Fisher Island and South Beach.

The only time I left from elsewhere, was my one cruise from San Juan. I swore I'd never fly to a cruise again!

For leaving: Long Beach, California. We can be on a ship in about a half hour from the time we park the car. We also can drive to the port in less than an hour.

I guess we haven't had much luck with Florida ports. Both times (once from Miami, and once from Ft. Lauderdale) were excruciating with wait times getting on the ship...more than an hour each time, AND they managed to lose our luggage.

I don't think I can choose which port on a cruise I liked the most...maybe one of the Alaska ports, and the least would certainly be Cozumel.

For us it would be Tampa - 15 minutes from home..... also going under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, that's really neat. Otherwise Fort Lauderdale, San Francisco, Port Canaveral and Vancouver were all good. Seattle was the most disorganized.