• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Your favorite onboard meal...mmmmmmm

Rate this topic

Jason

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite meal is any meal on a ship. However, that's true for most of us. I guess what you want is a description of the most memorable meals at sea.

For us, a strong contender would be the breaksfasts on the new Noordam, for suite PAX only, at the Pinnacle Grill. Simlpy a decadent, relaxing, luxurious experience, with fabulous food and wonderful service. For us, a much better experience than the Pinnacle Grill in the evening. We are big breakfast eaters, and are definitely not meat and potatoes people.

Best dinner at sea? A tie. The best food was at the Odyssey Room, the old alternative restaurant on the Rotterdam. For us the Pinnacle Grill at dinner is many steps down from what it replaced. The best dinner experience was every meal on the Regent Seven Seas Navigator, especially the entertainmnet when the alternative restaurant was turned into an Italian steakhouse.

Best lunches? A tossup between the buffets on the Wind Surf and the Seven Seas Navigator, with a slight nod to the Wind Surf. Food on both was many cuts above the buffets on the mass market lines. The seafood salads on the Wind Surf (we had perhaps 10 different ones on our 14 day cruise) were beyond belief. Having said that (and consistent with our remark about not being meat and potatoes people), it's hard to top the delicious and beautiful (our photos are amazing!) Asian buffet last December on the new Noordam. Food from four our five east Asian countries, much of it exotic, all of it delicious. If we have beef on a cruise ship (which is a rarety for us), why not beef satay? Nasi goreng, anyone?

Like some of the others, my favorite meal is one that I don't have to shop for, cook or clean up after but the meal I enjoy most of all on the cruises is a slow leisurely full breakfast - something we never have at home with everyone running in different directions.