• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Personal choice Dining

Rate this topic

mildavis

Hi again! We (my husand and I) are a little confused about the different dining options available on Princess. We signed up for late dining but have heard that the way to go is personal choice dining. Can you switch to personal choice or is it really the thing to do? VERY CONFUSED. Can you tell by my confusing questions? Any info or advice gladly accepted.

Milissa

I have had the opportunity to have tried both the 'traditional/late seating' dining, and the Personal Choice option, and enjoyed both.

The traditional seating gives you the opportunity to have the waiter and busboy get to know you. By the second night, usuaully, they will automatically bring you that iced tea, or have that 'special' slald ready, when you arrive at the table. Yoiu, also, get to know your tablemates, and, perhaps, build a lasting friendship, or two.

Personal Choice is excellent if you do not want to be tied down to a schedule. Maybe you want to stay in port an extra hour, or see the early show... Also, you get to meet a lot of people around the varying dinner tables.

I found no problem with PC, as far as waiting to be seated. The longest wait I had was ten minutes, and there were several eveneings with no wait at all.

We LOVED personal choice dining on Princess on the GOLDEN in Dec.2003..

Here is how it works and YES, you CAN get the SAME waiters each nite...

On the first day , you call down to the restaurant ( DEFINITELY THE DONATELLO) and request a reservation time ( we always did 8 pm)

ON the first nite , it is a little crazy and you may have to wait about 10 min to get seated..THIS is the only nite that this happens...

IF you like your waiter that nite, GET their NAME and TABLE NUMBER and WRITE it down...

The NEXT AM-call down to the DONATELLO dining room and request that WAITER and TABLE....and the time you want to dine...

WE DID THIS for the entire cruise and had the SAME waiter and busboy the entire time...except for when we went to dine at the Desert Rose ( it was wonderful)and at Sabbatinos ( it was horrid and the service was the pitts for the "fine dining experience)...

We LOVED the Personal Choice dining....

IF you want to try traditional dining to see how your table mates are, GO to it the first nite and then you CAN do personal choice the rest of the nites --All you have to do is call down to the Donatello dining room the DAY you want to do personal choice and request a table....MAKE sure you CALL around 8-9am so you can get your dining time...

Hope this helps

Andy