• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Coco Cay ??? Newbie asks help!

Rate this topic

I am semi-handicapped in that I cannot walk for more than 200 feet without severe pain in my lower back and I cannot stand in one place for more than 5 minutes without the same problem, therefore, I use a light-weight, folding wheelchair. I can get on to, off of, in to and out of anything.

1. Are there paved walkways to the sites and areas of the island... don't think the

old wheelchair will be sand friendly in regards to being pushed through sand.

2. What do you do with your belongings while you are in the water or on shore

excursions such as snorkling or parasailing?

3. Are there lockers available? How much do they cost? Does each person need

their own locker or are they family size?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Taking daughter to Bahamas as college graduation present. Only 3 nights on Sovereign of the Seas.

As best as I can remeber, there is a boardwalk type walkway.

The important thing for you to know is that you will have to tender in CoCo Cay. This means you will have to walk down a small, portable flight of stairs and board a moving (rocking) smaller boat and then after the trip to CoCo disembark onto a dock. So, you need to ask yourself will this work for you?

Can't remember if there are lockers. I've always made friends with other passengers on the beach and asked them to keep an eye on our stuff if we both were in the water at the same time. Leave your important stuff in the safe in your room!! :undecided: