• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

My first cruise!!

Rate this topic

Sebbie

Hello everyone,

My sister and I just booked our first cruise. We are going on the Ecstasy (CCL) We are taking the 4 day to Catalina / Ensenada. Was just wondering if anyone has been on this cruise and what they thought of it. I have been reading lots of stuff on the internet about cruises and now Im so confused and nervous about the whole thing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!!!

Hi,

We have done this cruise on the Ectasy, exactly what are your concerns?? This ship is beginning to show it's age, but not too much. It will be a great "Preview Cruise" for you both. You will get a good idea of what shipboard life is all about.

Catalina can be fun. Rent a golf card and tour the island for a couple of hours on your own!

Ensenada is a lot like Juarez, kinda junky, but lots of shops and places like Senior Frog's to hand out.

If you have any specific questions, just ask. :smiley:

Sebbie,

A big WELCOMEto our 1,100th member. Glad to have you here with us and please feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to. That 's what we're here for.alt textSebbie, please feel free to post your cruise date to our CruiseCrazies calendar so we can Bon Voyage you when the time comes. Cheryl

Hi Sebbie, and welcome aboard!

Our first cruise was a 4-nighter as we didn't know if cruising would appeal to us. That was 14 years ago, and we are booked on #19 (I think) for this coming summer.

Reviews are great -- and I enjoy both reading and writing them -- but I don't pay much attention to the overly critical ones that nitpick about many little things. If I had, I would have missed out on a ship that turned out to be a favorite.

I'm sure you'll have an enjoyable time. Let the crew pamper you and don't sweat the small stuff.

Hi Sebbie!

Welcome aboard! I haven't been on the Ecstasy, but, you should have a great time. No need to be confused or nervous. If you have any specific questions or fears, let us know what they are, and we will try to help you.

Sebbie,

My first cruise was aboard the Ecstasy and I loved it. While I cant comment on the itinerary (she was in Miami) I can say that you should like this ship. Like most of the Fantasy Class ships (my favorite) she is now showing her age. However, they Carnival people do a good job keeping everything spic and span. It always amazes me how they are always working on something during the cruise. Anyway, don't let a few stains on the carpet, or some small detail ruin your 1st time.

Enjoy,

Dennis