• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

pre-trip flip out

Rate this topic

Tamara

I'm sick with anticipation at leaving on the cruise tomorrow. I always get totally kooky the day before a trip, even as an experienced traveller. Though, if it stopped being so exciting, why travel at all?

My clothes are all spread out over the bed, waiting to be packed, shoes shined, jewellery polished, cats and dog locked out of the room. No matter how careful I am, I always travel with some pet hair from home.

I'm not used to this sort of self contained travel, so must get out of the "if I forget something, can always buy it" frame of mind.

Have a limo from work coming to fetch mother-in-law and me tomorrow. Was very worried about even leaving on the cruise as there was the threat of a general strike in Vancouver last Monday.

So, am totally wound up! Need my CruiseCrazies support group today.

Tamara, Please don't get stressed out. Just imagine yourself lying on a lounge chair on the Lido deck with the sun warming you and a frozen thingee in your hand. Please don't worry about forgetting something. There are stores on the ship that supply most essential items and sundry shops in the ports. Don't think of it as "self contained travel" . Just think of yourself enjoying those ocean breezes, not having to cook, clean , make a bed, etc. Just enjoy the feeling of calm and you will have a wonderful cruise.alt textYour CruiseCrazies support group is always here for you. Cheryl :kiss:

Given that it's a cruise to Alaska, I will definitely have a "frozen thingy" in my hand! Unless it's hot chocolate with cherry brandy, have you ever tried it? Fab!

I do appreciate the calming words, thank you. I have been in training for not worrying about dinner by having take out curry last night and I think maybe leftover takeout curry tonight. Spouse is self sufficient so I don't have to fill the freezer with prepared meals or worry about doing all of the laundry before I go. He's quite used to my little adventures. And, this trip, since I'm going with HIS MOTHER, and as he says "better you than me", I think he will not be expecting me to do much before I go.

Tamara--don't be stressed--you are going on a cruise in less than 24 hours! We are the ones stressed--we are not going on a cruise for a long long time! Be happy! Have a CruiseCrazies' drink of the day & relax!

alt text

Tamara - take a deep breath - of whatever air it is you are currently breathing - and remember come tomorrow it will be that wonderful sea air - yum. And listen for that familiar - Bong Bong Bong of the p.a. system with todays announcements - that should get you in the mood. Have a fancy ship drink for me - but most of all - have a great trip - TTFN Jennifer

Tamara...I totally understand your excitement. Try to sit down for a few minutes and take a breather. Relax! You are going to have a fabulous time!!!!

Have a great cruise!

Tamara I know exactly how you feel!!.....I do the very same thing myself, like you said, even though I'm an experienced traveler. We also leave for our cruise tomorrow and my clothes are also laid out on the bed...and I walk around ~in and out of the closet...around in circles it seems thinking of what to bring...LOL. Let us both take a deep breath and relax.. :grin: . I always envy my DH who can pack at a minutes notice....I stress about it for days before! For gosh sakes..I'm only going for 3 days..LOL....Tomorrow by this time we should both be raising a "frozen thingie" to our CruiseCrazy family!!! So what if we forget to pack underwear!!!!~~~We'll be on vacation..LOL :grin: :grin: Have a great time Tamara!!

Nora