• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Royal Dutch shampoo

Rate this topic

Tamara

I took my own shampoo on the cruise but packed it on the last night, planning to use the Royal Dutch brand provided by HAL on the last morning of the cruise. I colour my hair. My natural hair colour is not grey, I just colour it for fun. Not that there's anything wrong with having grey hair, just wondering about the chemistry of the whole thing. I found that the HAL shampoo stripped my hair colour a bit. My dyed hair colour is deep auburn, and it turned out a bit lighter after using the HAL shampoo. I'm surprised as I thought that they would provide a very mild shampoo. Anyway, if you colour your hair, take your own shampoo with you.

Thanks for the info Tamara. I'll makesure I bring my own as I do color my hair. Ever since I have been 15, then just for fun, now to cover gray, unlike my Mom I am prematurely gray and would scare myself if I stopped coloring it. I see too much gray in the roots between dye jobs and that is scary enough at 43 I am not ready for gray hair.LOL

Good advice, Tamara...I always do bring my own personal products, as I have a few allergies. I like to bring my own hairdryer, also, as some of the ones provided just don't do the job.