• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What do you think about thong bathing suits being

Rate this topic

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think that very few people look great in them . I think that if you do have the body , it's fine for the beaches but not on a cruise ship where there are children and teens that are very impressionable. I don't mean to offend anyone. This is just my feeling. What do you think?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that bathing suits and summer wear and nude beaches are all about comfort and enjoying the sun and freedom and not about how you're displaying yourself. Why would people say, "That fat woman shouldn't be wearing shorts"? She should be wearing shorts, because it's comfy for her and it's hot out and if she's eating an ice cream cone when her chubby legs are hanging out, who cares?

Most people don't look great in a bathing suit or a Speedo or a thong or nude, but they're loving the sun and the swimming and the joy of being free from usual restrictions. It's not about looking good, and, I think, most children and teens see a lot more than what is offered on a cruise ship, on the videos that they watch.

Sorry Tamara but a gentleman should not be wearing a thong bathing suit with a very hairy backside. Just not pleasant to look at and boy did some of the younger kids go nuts when they saw him........One kid fell on the ground and couldn't get up he was laughing so hard. His mother did her best but she started laughing too.

I have no problem with thongs, as long as it's Halle Berry wearing it LOL. I have dark sunglasses, so I don't get in trouble with she-who-must-be-obeyed, who can somehow sense my neck muscles moving. :)

If somebody who really shouldn't be displaying themselves like that (like me) feels like it, fine. Won't bother me, since I'll be looking at those that look good with it all hanging out LOL

I have to agree with Tamara.

I don't dress to impress others, only to please myself. I feel that it is important to dress comfortably, specially here in South Florida.

Of course, I don't wear anything outlandish, and, certainly, I would never wear a thong bathing suit. But, if I ever chose to, that's my business.

Perhaps the children that sailingrose saw, laughing at the 'hairy butt,' need a lesson in proper manners.....

What could be more uncomfortable than a thong? Ever tried one? When I was a sweet young thing, thong underpanties came out and were touted for making your bum look better under clothes. So I bought a pair. I wore them once. Maybe a few hours. Then I threw them in the trash can.

Love, Elena :grin:

We aren't exactly prudes, however, we don't believe thongs would be appropriate on a cruise. Doesn't even matter how good or bad you look in them. Same as not allowing shorts, T-shirts and sandals in the dining room in the evenings. A person has plenty of opportunities to dress as they like. Some people just like to dress to shock and it has nothing to do with comfort.

We just spent a week at Siesta Key on the beach and did not notice anyone wearing thongs--which was a first. :huh: :huh:

Thongs are OK on a cruise as long as they are on the feet.

Kidding,

Any attire that exposes a lot should at least be covered up when one is walking around wherever they are.

Now, if you are one that has the body and want everyone to notice, I guess that is why you could do it. Funny how some people's impression of their body is not the same as the impression of other's watching.

Jock straps don't have anything coming up the middle in the back. I doubt if I could have finished a season playing ball if the thing came up the middle. No thongs aren't comfortable. They are what men and women put up with to be noticed. If I had the body, I might wear something more skimpy, but not a thong.

Wearing a thong is pretty much going nude...on the backside, anyway. Sorry... but I don't think it's appropiate on a cruise ship around children and other people whom it may offend. As for the children seeing it on MTV or elsewhere anyway, my take on that, is that we are adults and should be setting a good example for them.

I don't believe that just because you have a good bod that you should flaunt it. I don't think we have to go back to the '20s either, but we should be somewhat modest around others in respect of our own bodies and other's feelings.

Just My Opinion!! :grin: