• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What do you think about thong bathing suits being

Rate this topic

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't find thong undies (or "butt floss", as I call them) too comfortable. Seems the goal has always been to keep one's underwear from, uhhh...how to put this nicely..scrunching up in there, so why wear something that is meant to be, uh....there.

I'm really enjoying the discussion that this topic has started.

Reading people's opinions about thong bathing suits and hairy bits has caused me to examine my own ideas about what is appropriate in public. I find that I am all over the map in this regard, but my logic makes sense to me (my spouse calls it Tamaralogic, as if was incomprehensible to anyone but myself)

I'm pretty much anything-goes in a pool or beach setting, but think that topless or nude areas might be set aside, lest the sight of the human body offend some people.

In restaurants or anyplace where there is food served, though, that's when I get totally grossed out by guys going without a shirt. And if they're wearing a tank top and are really hairy, that to me is not pleasant. If a guy was wearing a tank top and was not hairy, that would be more OK. That is probably very unfair and I do apologize to the hairy, tank top wearing men out there. I don't dislike hair on men, in fact, rather like it, but there's something about that hair-food mix that creeps me out. Yet, I don't expect women to cover their hair when they're eating. If there are any CruiseCrazy psychologists out there, maybe you can give me some insight into that?

I think that you should remain fairly covered in public areas no thongs, sorryu guys, I know you like that look. On the beach I say go for what ever makes you feel good. Hairy men don't really turn me on At least not gorilla hairy. Somehair is ok. Not on women LOL. Heres a question for you all. Women do you shave the tops of your legs or not. I do only when its suit season. Otherwise my skirts and dresses are all to my knee or lower. Just my personal quirk. I love the feel of fresh shaved legs but not the stubble the next day. Electric doesn't shave close enough and liquid hair removal doesn't seem to work on me. Any ideas to beat the shave evry day syndrome? :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think everyone needs to decide that for themselves. Comfort is of great value to many, no question. By the same token, feeling like you look good is of great value, as well, and that's not necessarily any reflection of superficiality. Many people work hard to remain fit, and wearing clothing that displays that to good effect often helps strengthen the resolve to keep working at it. I've found, especially as someone who spent 25+ years morbidly obese, that a little vanity may be the only thing keeping me from regaining the 100 pounds I lost and facing the inevitable maladies associated with obesity. Of course, I wouldn't ever wear Speedos (I'm a guy, so a thong is not really a consideration), but that's because no matter how much I work to stay fit, I'll still always have too much excess skin to look good in Speedos! :D

I don't dress to impress others, only to please myself.
Right-on. To the extent permissible and appopriate, that's really a great perspective. Just keep in mind that what pleases each person may differ.