• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Got the tux

Rate this topic

My husband and I went out and bought him a tux this week, because Crystal doesn't rent them, and we found out it would probably cost more to rent one for the amount of time we are going to be away from home, plus the quality is better. It is a lovely Italian model in a very nice wool.

Do you feel this is a good excuse to book another cruise while on the cruise we bought the tux for? Don't we have to get our money's worth out of the tux?

Love, Elena :grin:

That's a great reason to book your next cruise on-board. As a matter of fact, I'm going out this weekend to buy a tux also. We figured that as many cruises that we're going on, it's worth every penny (and I plan to book our next cruise on-board). :wink:

I even bought a white dinner jacket before the last cruise in Dec so I have more choice on 7, 10 and 14 day cruises. Black tux, white dinner jacket, black vest and champaign colored vest. Can mix and match. :grin: Great excuses to take longer cruises.

If my memory is correct, I'm now on my 3rd Tux. Started cruising over 20 years ago and bought my first tux for our very first cruise. Have had double breasted and single breasted models and I too own a white dinner jacket and lots of cumberbun sets for accents. Also have two pair of formal shoes.

You will find it well worth the investment. After 41 cruises mine have more than paid for themselves. It is great not to have to decide which suit to take on a cruise. I'm sure your husband will ejoy the look and feel of his new tux.

hillorama & roque,

Rita helped me pick out my tux a few years ago. She was afraid if I picked one out on my own I may be arrested by the fashion police.

After your cruises, be sure to post a photo link so we all can see just how nice you guys look on formal night! :wink: :wink: