• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Do you use the jacuzzi's by the pool?

Rate this topic

using them? I'm just wondering because I have never been in one during all our cruises. Years ago, I used to get urinary tract infections and my urologist told me to never use a jacuzzi or hot tub if I wanted to stay free of those infections. :cry: I've followed his directions and never got one since but they do look so tempting and hubby just loves them. :smiley:

Years ago I had frequent UTIs. But at that point I had never been in a hot tub. There are so many ways of getting them. If you want to email me atabridalmaven######, I can give you some advice that my doc gave me. I have NOT had one in more years than I remember, and not only do I go in the ones on the ship, but the one at my health club a few times a week.

I've never had problems with the hot tubs on Princess or Celebrity......after seeing kids in the ones on Carnival and what they were doing, I decided not to go in them. The hot tubs on Princess are fresh water and chlorinated and I did see them being serviced so I have no qualms about using them at all.

After spending the entire day in a port, sightseeing, shopping, participating in activities, etc; I find it very relaxing to spend a little time in the Hot Tub with my fellow passengers.....

alt text

However, I have found that the Jacuzzi's, on most ships, are not particularly hot. the cruise lines keep the temperatures low because they know that passengers tend to stay in the Hot Tubs too long, sometimes for hours, and that many will consume alchohol while in the Hot Tub. I prefer the water to be about 104 degrees, farenheit....

alt text