• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Docs Arrived

Rate this topic

hillorama

Oh dear, the cruise docs arrived today. I realize it is less than two weeks before we leave for London and then Dover to catch the Crystal Symphony. To add insult to injury, my daughter called to say that she is coming with two of my grandchildren to stay until after we leave! It seemed like this cruise was sooo far away and nothing to think about and now it is here! Panic!!!! What do you all do????

Love, Elena :rolleyes:

Amazingly, everything gets done. We're now 3 days until we leave for Alaska and my wife last night was slamming doors and snapping at anyone who came along because she felt that there isn't enough time to get everything done. By the time we went to bed, almost everything did get done. Relax. You'll do it too. :wink:

Howard

Elena:

I get all stressed out at least 2 days before we leave and it started today for me! We leave on Saturday for our cruise on Sunday on the Mariner. And my husband just left (10 pm!) to drive to Vermont (2.5 hours away) for a job which he swears will be finished by tomorrow. And THEN he tells me he's considering flying to North Carolina on Friday to do another job, and flying to Florida to meet us on Sunday instead of flying down with us on Saturday. Well, I put the old kabosh on THAT one!! As if I'm not stressing enough! And then my son got free tickets to an af2 (arena football) game on Friday night. Guess I was going to be up anyway, with double and triple checking everything!

We all do this before a cruise (or any other vacation I expect). Like Howard said, it all gets done.

Hey, maybe you could put your daughter to work while she's there - I always like coming home to a clean house...... :grin:

Cori

Thanks, Cori, you've given me some perspective, as have all the other replies. As for putting my daughter to work: she likes me to wait on her! Don't know how this happened--I'm much older than she is! I'll give it a try. One good thing is that my grandson is now old enough to drive us to the airport. I did do some things towards getting ready today--but it seems like a mountain to climb! All in all, a pleasant mountain, though, and some people climb mountains just because they are there! :grin:

Love, Elena

Elena...I wrote this reply yesterday but must have forgot to send it.

Try not to worry, it will all come together! I always, always use lists. Make a list for everything you have to do, and pack, and check it off as you go. Have a few nights where you order in pizza or something else so you don't have to cook at night. Maybe your daughter and grandkids can help you with a few things. Share your excitement with them. Tell them about the places you will be going to, and what you have left to do to get ready. They should understand and want to help. Take care, and have a great cruise.

Howard and Cori...hope you have a great cruise also!