• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

When was your first cruise?

Rate this topic

Lisa63

Ours was an E. Caribbean - San Juan, St. Thomas and Bahamas aboard the Norwegian Sky (no longer sailing under that name). We got hooked on cruises and have been on 4 more and another one planned for Feb., 2008.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours was in 1990 on Atlantic, then owned by Premier. It was a four-night cruise from Port Canaveral to Nassau and the fabulous Blue Lagoon Island.

My first was from Miami to Nassau on the Costa Flavia, a rather ancient ship. It was back in 1972 - but I still had a great time. I decided, however, that cruising was not the choice of travel for me...and, my next cruise, a year later, on the Emerald Seas, convinced me. We listed sideways the entire time we were at sea. I didn't really start cruising much until around 1990, It was my discovery of Royal Caribbean, however, in April of 1995, when I became a cruise addict. Since that time, I've done 59 cruises!

RNSANE

• 9 months later...

Well we took our first cruise in August of 2007 to Alaska to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Patiently waiting for the next cruise in February of 2009. I fell in love with cruising last summer and look forward to many more.

Thanks for bumping it Howard. Our first cruise as a family was in 2000. We did a 4 day cruise on the Disney Magic, combined with a stay at Disney World. If I remember, we stayed at the Polynesian Resort that visit, and spent 7 days at Disney World and 2 at Universal Studios. We returned to the Magic in 2003 for a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise, without visiting the parks. Just wanted to cruise that time. :biggrin:

I have no iea how I missed this thread the last couple of years. We set sail, on our first cruise, from Cape Canaveral on July 2, 1995. We sailed on the Carnival Fantasy to the Bahamas. Our first 3 cruises were Greg, I and our 2 sons. That next 8 were just my sweetie and I. As much as I do love sharing that special time with him, I do miss the days when the kids went with us, but at 26 and 27, I can't really force them to (if I could, I would!!!).

I have no iea how I missed this thread the last couple of years. We set sail, on our first cruise, from Cape Canaveral on July 2, 1995. We sailed on the Carnival Fantasy to the Bahamas. Our first 3 cruises were Greg, I and our 2 sons. That next 8 were just my sweetie and I. As much as I do love sharing that special time with him, I do miss the days when the kids went with us, but at 26 and 27, I can't really force them to (if I could, I would!!!).

I can loan you my kids. :biggrin: