• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Can't Stand the Waiting

Rate this topic

Iggy

Anticipation is a large part of a cruise vacation. You did not mention when or on which ship you are cruising, so we can't tell if you have a month or a year to wait.

Start doing "cruise related" things over the remaining time. Have you applied for a passport?? I know you most likely will not NEED it for this trip, but it is by far the best form of ID you can have and you will need it on future cruises, and, yes, there will be future cruises.

Start shopping for your "cruise wardrobe" and set things aside you want to take with you one the cruise.

Get your little things together, camera, film or memory chips, benoculars, duct tape, power strip, some new TSA luggage locks, CruiseCrazies door sign. Just to mention a few things you may want to start getting together.

Plan your shore excursions in advance of sailing.

There are tons of things you can be doing to help make the time pass. :wink:

Anticipation is a large part of a cruise vacation. You did not mention when or on which ship you are cruising, so we can't tell if you have a month or a year to wait.

Start doing "cruise related" things over the remaining time. Have you applied for a passport?? I know you most likely will not NEED it for this trip, but it is by far the best form of ID you can have and you will need it on future cruises, and, yes, there will be future cruises.

Start shopping for your "cruise wardrobe" and set things aside you want to take with you one the cruise.

Get your little things together, camera, film or memory chips, benoculars, duct tape, power strip, some new TSA luggage locks, CruiseCrazies door sign. Just to mention a few things you may want to start getting together.

Plan your shore excursions in advance of sailing.

There are tons of things you can be doing to help make the time pass. :wink:

Iggy,

alt text on your 25 year anniversary tomorrow! You are right time drags before the cruise, unfortunately it goes fast after it starts. Keith's Mom and Step-dad will be cruising on that ship either the week you are cruising on the next week. :cool: :cool:

Iggy,

alt text on your 25 year anniversary tomorrow! You are right time drags before the cruise, unfortunately it goes fast after it starts. Keith's Mom and Step-dad will be cruising on that ship either the week you are cruising on the next week. :cool: :cool:

I spend the time researching the ports of call and the shore excursions. Also I read all of the boards to keep me "pumped up" and to pick up tips. I shop for things for the cruise. I make lists of things I need to pack and make sure I have all those items. I read reviews of the ship and the shore excursions. But basically I go nuts waiting! We usually book our cruise 6-10 months ahead of time and it seems like forever until cruise time! For instance, we are going on the Summit on 10/25/04. We booked this in the beginning of Feb. Finally I can see the light coming from the end of the tunnel! :smiley:

Wait until you get home from your cruise - you will begin planning the next one right away and start the process all over! :wink:

I spend the time researching the ports of call and the shore excursions. Also I read all of the boards to keep me "pumped up" and to pick up tips. I shop for things for the cruise. I make lists of things I need to pack and make sure I have all those items. I read reviews of the ship and the shore excursions. But basically I go nuts waiting! We usually book our cruise 6-10 months ahead of time and it seems like forever until cruise time! For instance, we are going on the Summit on 10/25/04. We booked this in the beginning of Feb. Finally I can see the light coming from the end of the tunnel! :smiley:

Wait until you get home from your cruise - you will begin planning the next one right away and start the process all over! :wink:

Iggy,

Congrats on your 25 anniversary. We took an Alaskan cruise last month for the same reason, but ours really isn't until October.

The Skipper is right, the anticipation is a large part of it. For many things, there may be a let down after so much anticipation, but not for cruising. This being your 1st cruise, you'll fall in love with your ship from the moment you see it at the dock. The 1st time you walk into the Atrium, you'll know that this will be one of your best vacations ever.

Keep reading the boards so you'll get a good idea of exactly what you want to do on the cruise. Let the anticipation run away with you and dream of cruising. There is no dream that is as good as your 1st cruise. The amazing thing is that on every cruise you take after the 1st, the feeling comes right back as soon as you step on the ship.

I know that I'm probably making the wait worse, but that's life. You'll have to be satisified with the little things like making the last payment, getting your docs, geting down to single digits, etc.

Good luck and have a great day tomorrow.

Howard

Iggy,

Congrats on your 25 anniversary. We took an Alaskan cruise last month for the same reason, but ours really isn't until October.

The Skipper is right, the anticipation is a large part of it. For many things, there may be a let down after so much anticipation, but not for cruising. This being your 1st cruise, you'll fall in love with your ship from the moment you see it at the dock. The 1st time you walk into the Atrium, you'll know that this will be one of your best vacations ever.

Keep reading the boards so you'll get a good idea of exactly what you want to do on the cruise. Let the anticipation run away with you and dream of cruising. There is no dream that is as good as your 1st cruise. The amazing thing is that on every cruise you take after the 1st, the feeling comes right back as soon as you step on the ship.

I know that I'm probably making the wait worse, but that's life. You'll have to be satisified with the little things like making the last payment, getting your docs, geting down to single digits, etc.

Good luck and have a great day tomorrow.

Howard