• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anyone have experience from NYC to Bahamas?

Rate this topic

SR20silviaS13

My girlfriend and I are planning a cruise for next year, and are wondering whether to take a 4 night cruise from miami to the Bahamas plus airfare, or take one from NYC to the bahamas fo 7 days and no airfare. im just wondering if the whole cruise experience is different from one that takes place only in the gulf and the carib / bahamas. i have been on a norweigan cruise from houston for a week in the western carib. and it was beautiful. im thinking that sailing in the atlantic will be nowhere near as nice as in the gulf. if anyone has any experience with one of these trips please let me know, thanks

Mike

I would think it will depend on the time of year somewhat. But, the seven day from NYC is great! We did it a few years ago aboard Celebrity's Zenith to Bermuda.

My video and pics leaving the NYC harbor show the twin towers!

Seas we calm, sunny skies, great trip.

I agree with the others. I would sail out of NY. We've sailed from NY 3 times, and it's always an impressive place to see from a cruise ship. Not flying is always a plus, too.

Howard

We just returned from NCL Dawn out of N.Y. on Oct 10th to the 17th. I wanted to try this at least once. Like they said no air and we did bring the kids this time, so I wanted it to be a bit cheaper for us that way. But all the Sept. sailings and the ones before us and after ours was really bad choppy weather. Ours was not to bad, but still a little rough, not to many complaints. My husband said never again. The only complaing I have to say about it is, I love the warm weather, and we always sail from Florida. I am laying in the sun from the minute we board till we get off. So from N. Y. it was cold and very windy, more then normal. The 2nd day out it got a little better and the same on the wasy home. When we left on the 10th it was not that cold at all while docked, but once we sailed it got cold and wimdy and then when we returned home it was so cold and we were not really prepared for the cold, we all got Broncitis for 2 weeks after we returned, I think it was because we were waiting for our ride at the port out side and very cold and only sweaters on not jackets, the wind was really bad just standing there. So if I were you it would depend on what time of year I would go out of N. Y. My parents went in April and it was still alittle choppy, so if you get sea sick, reconsider. I will pick Florida anytime. If I ever did it again I would maybe do a Canada cruise to see the leaves change and be more prepared for the cold. I do at least one cruise a year 7 night and another 10 or 11 nights. I love the longer cruises, I never want to go home. 4 days would just tick me off bad, lol.

Sue

Princess Dawn 2/8/05

We were on the Carnival Legend 28 September. The weather was drizzle, damp and overcast. The sailing was a little rough the first night out but nothing to really wory about. We had packed some warmer clothes thinking it would be cold until we got to Florida. Not the case. The next morning I was in shorts sitting by the pool.

The nice thing about it beside the not flying (we took a train from Boston) was the sea days which we like. Also got to see the Statue of Liberty and the New York skyline.

On the return trip the weather was beautiful.

We love this not flying, my wife because she hates to fly and me because I save on 1st class flight, so we have booked a RCCL cruise out of Boston next September to Bermuda and Easten Caribbean.