• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Grand Princess Aloha Deck

Rate this topic

live2ski

Hello All. I've just been reading posts on this forum and others about balcony's on different decks and how they compare. I booked a balcony stateroom on the Grand Princess on the Aloha deck just forward of center ship (A330). Wondering if anyone has any insights or experience with this area of the ship. Any info. regarding size, privacy, noise, garbage from above decks, view, etc. would be great.

• 4 weeks later...

I too am on the Grand Princess - was on Aloha Deck, but switched to Dolphin Deck. Cruised on Princess sweveral times previously, first time on Grand Princess. I too have questions re two alternate dining, the Steakhouse and Sabatinis'. But would love to see info re shore excursions re Belize and Grand Cayman. Judith

Good Morning Judith, Why did you switch to the Dolphin Deck? Did you cruise the Princess or are you going to cruise? When?

I'm so exicited. I haven't booked any shore execursions yet but have a pretty good idea of which ones we are going to take.

We don't have a booking number yet so I can't do anything online at the Princess Website which is a bummer.

You must have gone thru a travel agent if you do not have a booking # yet. I booked thru Princess direct(always have) , so had booking # at end of conversation. WE have cruised Princes several times previously, but this is our 1st time on the Grand. I upgraded to a mini suite for a mere $66.00 total, and mini suites are on the Dolphin deck. We were previously booked on t he Aloha deck, cabins 719 or 718, I kept switching. But for extra room at only $66, why not? Do not know if you are seasoned cruiser or where you live, but if you are driving to get on ship, you need to ask for reduction on transfer fees, as they are no applicable to people driving to Galveston.

We have not booked land tours either. WE have found in the past that most are overpriced, and to be honest we enjoy being on board as much as anything. I plotted trip and booked on the side that will have most of the land views as we come into ports. WE are in D732. If you are on even # side, you too will have more land views.

Read last nite about sting ray adventure in Grand Cayman. Am cking into that. Sounds very different and interesting.

WE are on Feb. 26 cruise. YOU??

Be in touch. Judith -

I am at jabrigzz@houston.rr.com.

Yes I booked thru a TA. I might call her to see if I can get the booking number now.

My DW and I have been on one other cruise about ten years ago that some friends setup, so we didn't have anything to do with the planning or booking. In some ways this is like our first cruise.

We will be flying out of Minneapolis, MN for the Dec. 3 2005 sailing. We purchased the "Cruise Air" package. Just because then we shouldn't have to worry about transfers and the ship leaving without us.

I think that with the shore excursions we'll mix and match. Right now we're planning to go with some private company's and some cruise tours and maybe at one port just wing it on our own.