• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What to pack

Rate this topic

cruisin05

Hi cruisin05,

Just like iriscruiser, I learned to pack lighter after my first cruise.

On Carnival's 7 day cruises there are usually two formal evenings. Don't be intimidated by "formal evening." It means you just have to be prepared to dress up as nice as you would like for dinner. I've found that there are very few tuxedos, but many women opt to wear evening gowns. If you want to use the dining room on formal evenings, I suggest you bring something really nice so that you feel comfortable among the other dressed diners in the dining room. You can opt to dine on the Lido Deck which is far less formal. What ever you decide, don't sweat it.

Other than that, the ship will be like your second home. Everyone is about having a great time and being as comfortable as possible. They won't be paying too much attention to what you're wearing.

Don't forget the trusty duct tape for little emergencies that might occur. You'd be surprised at the number of uses duct tape has.

I've decided to take plenty of underwear, socks, and a few shirts. I try to get by with four pairs of pants, one pair of dress shoes, one pair of deck shoes, a pair of sneakers and several accessories. No one has ever challenged my fashion sense.

If you pack light it leaves room for souvenirs you might want to purchase.

Now if you're a fashion plate, then go for it. The cruise is for you too. You can show off all of your couture collection and be smashing on formal evenings, but be prepared to look for a lot of help when it comes to lugging your luggage around.

I try to make it with one suitcase and one carry-on.

Thanks for the tips, I do have to admit the "formal nights" are the ones I've been fretting over, I don't have a plethera of clothing and certainly have never worn an evening gown, (except one time I was a maid of honor) but I am planning on buying one for my trip, I'm going this Saturday to shop for one. (I've already bought the shoes ) :grin: I'm sure being a first-timer I will over pack :grin:

Remember that things can be worn more then once and they can be sent to the laundry if necessary. It's a few dollars for a pair of pants, well worth it since I don't have to do it myself.

Try to mix and match outfits. Black pants with 2 different tops, long skirt 2 tops for formal night. Change the accessories and you have a different outfit. Lots of ways to save space. Also don't overload on t-shirts as you'll probably buy some stuff along the way.

cruisin05,

We always take along an alarm clock and an extension plug that will give us an extra outlet or two. We also take post it notes to leave messages on the doors about meeting where and what time. Evenings on the ships can be chilly so I always take a cover up , one dressy and one casual, just in case. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. You will love it, cruisin05. :cool:

Hey cruisin05,

Welcome to CruiseCrazies!! The Official CruiseCrazies Packing List is currently being developed, and is in the final stages. I'm sure it'll help you decide what to pack. As soon as it's complete, it'll be posted here.

Once again welcome to CruiseCrazies and I hope to see you sticking around