• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Super Bowl

Rate this topic

elle

Utoh we just realized last night we will be at sea during the Super Bowl. Being from Maine {northeast U.S.A.} and possibly the Pats being in it againHubby and I are wondering if the ship will be able to show it. So theres that question #3. But Im going to add # 4 with it as pertains somewhat to #3. Time changes in east carribean? I looked at the web site and it appears to me Nassau is the same as EST. But somewhere between Nassau and St. Thomas/ St. John there is an hour difference. ???? Anyone done the time change thing on a cruise ??? thankys !!!!

Unless your on some old tub, then yes, the game will be on. They will likely have a Super Bowl party on board, with a big screen and everything.

As for the time change, either the ship will go ahead an hour the first night, and go back an hour the last night, or they won't change at all, and just leave the ship's time on Eastern. If they leave the clocks alone, you have to make sure you don't follow the time you see in port. This isn't as big a deal in the eastern Caribbean, since if it's 4 in St Thomas, it's still 3 on the ship, so if anything, you'd be an hour early to things. It's when you are in the western caribbean, and the ship sails at 5, and you see a clock in the store that says 4, and you think you have time to get back LOL

Not to worry, the Pats will not be in the Super Bowl. They have to go through Pittsburgh to do that and it's not going to happen! Remember what happened when they played the Steelers earlier this year???

On a serious note, I have been at sea a couple of times during the Super Bowl and never had a problem catching the action.

:wink:

Hello,

Uh oh..is this going to be a Super Bowl bashing thread??????...lol......

After all the teams mentioned...they do have to play someone from the NFC right? For the Super Bowl to take place ?

Let's see.....the Jets couldn't beat themselves in a wet paper bag.....Chargers aren't too bad..they do have a good coach. Then you have the Colts......Pats ...and Steelers....Is it time for someone new? Or was the Pats loss to the Dolphins an anomalie? How many games can the Steelers win or are they being setup for a loss at the wrong time?

Then on the other side of the coin...NFC....it looks ugly.....Packers and Vikings.....geesh just like the Jets....Seattle....uggghhh....Atlanta....maybe.....I would have to go with the Eagles....just hope they don't beat themselves.....

My Super Bowl prediction.......

Philadelphia Eagles..............................Pittsburgh Steelers

Can i edit this post later ?....lol.....

I have to say, I am quite offended by this thread. This is supposed to be a board which speaks about CRUISING, not football. I am tired of these people who just think they can post whatever they want, no matter HOW far off topic it is, and have NO respect for those of us who have LIVES and don't have the time to have to click post after post of threads which have NOTHING to do with cruising.

By the way..........don't mind me..........I'm just jealous that all you guys and gals get to talk about your teams being in the playoffs, because I live in......dare I say it.............New Orleans. Home.......of the........(hack!).........SAINTS. :tongue: