• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Once and for all: the FOOD

Rate this topic

thomas

I AM from food City, NYC and so far our RCI cruises I have no compliants, but on NCL I did, especially the buffet. In the speciality restaurants I liked all of the meals especially the French one, bit why pay extra? And again as I said before the service ws really lacking except in th paying venues. But I really blame that on auto tipping and freestyle, With more than 3 peolpe serving you at a meal, there seems to be a lack of communication.

Thanks all

Can I just say the best food I had - indeed the best cruise ship experience - was the much berated Norwegian Sea (Texarribbean). Definitely the best service I ever had in virtually every way. But you hit the nail on the head when you mention the executive chef - I wish there was some way of finding this out. Case and point:

I think I have decided on princess for this summer (mainly for the glacier bay itinerary) - and both the Sun and the Dawn are going. Identical ships. But I wonder what the little differences are, especially between the chefs / crews / dining experience / etc.

Maybe I should just not worry about it and know that it will be fine.