• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Room location on ship

Rate this topic

krisp

My TA just put a hold on a room on Carribbean Princess, category BG.

By looking at the floor plan, I think there are only FOUR rooms in this category.

Looks to me like it is the LOWEST possible Balcony room category.

Should we worry about it's location? Baja deck is one of the upper decks and these are the the four rooms closest to the front of the ship.

http://www.princess.com/ships/cb/deck/cb_baja_index.html

We've been on one cruise before, in the area of mid ship, but closer to the front. We weren't bothered by any unusual movement due to location.

Anyone have any advice or experience in knowing what areas of the ship just aren't worth taking a chance on??? Or is the overall location not *that* big of a deal?

We appreciate your input!

Kris

Congrats on the booking!

The first thing I checked was that there wasn't a show lounge directly above or below you. (There isn't.) That's one thing I always avoid as I find the sound (especially the bass) travels through the ceiling or floor of the show lounge. So, no worries there for you.

I don't know what is directly in front of cabins B201 and B202. They may be crew cabins. I also don't know if there is a crew only door leading into this area. Hopefully, someone who is familiar with this class of ship can have some input there.

Have you booked a specific cabin or a guarantee?

Thanks for responding!

TA will get back to me today with the actual confirmation of what room it will be.

I was mostly worried about *movement* of the ship at that location...

Is there any reason to expect we'll feel more (undesirable) movement (swaying, bobbing etc) in that area of the ship?

Thanks!

Kris

Generally speaking, the higher up you are, and/or the more forward you are, these are the areas that would feel more movement. IF

As Lisa says, you are better to look at what's around your cabin, since having an ice machine outside your door, or a bank of elevators that chime every time the door opens will cause more grief than any motion will.

Hi Krisp...

Welcome to Cruise Crazies! I have been very forward in the ship on three different cruises, and once the ride was smooth as glass, and the other two, I did feel quite a bit of movement, but we had some rough seas. If you're concerned about sea sickness, I would just bring some non-drowsy dramamine. If you do have a real problem with sea sickness that isn't helped by anything then, I would try to book my cabin lower and more mid-ship.

Todays ships have great stabilizers, and unless the seas are pretty rough, the ride is usually pretty smooth. Hope you have a great cruise!!

Should one feel particularly economical (= cheap), an inside cabin might be great, but you have to stay clear of crew gangways; i.e., those little sliding doors at either end of the ship through which the crew goes "home". Worst cabin of my life on Nordic Empress was such a situation. Being cheap like me has its advantages and disadvantages.

th

On the newer ships, it isn't so much at either end of the ship. There are crew only areas with freight and passenger elevators in many places along the length of the ship. I would definitely avoid a cabin next to a steward station, or a service elevator. Unfortunately, these are hard to spot on deck plans. Many of these areas are concentrated around where the funnel passes up the height of the ship, as well as near the forward public elevator bank.