• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TA or cruiseline?

Rate this topic

siki00

Hello...Is it better to book directly through the cruiseline or through a TA? I have decided on Royal Caribbean for late April 06. I have heard that if you book through a TA and prices go down they can only give you the discounted price if final payment has not been made yet. Also, I would have to watch to see if the price goes down. Is this also the case if I book directly through the cruiseline?

Thanks!

Michelle

Hi..

We didn't go through either for our cruise we booked online through orbitz..and got a really good rate..no problems they were very helpful..very nice, made suggestions..etc..I don't mean to sound like an infomercial just a satisfied client..lol..we have called them several times to make changes and jus ask questions and everytime they have been very helpful and nice on the phone and they are already paid..so its not like they are waiting for money cause they already got it..jus very helpful people..anyways hope this helps ya..

Generally you are better off to book with a TA instead of directly with the cruiseline. Booking directly with the cruiseline isn't any cheaper than a TA can get you. If your cruise price comes down, the cruiseline won't advise you of it but a good TA will constantly check if the price comes down. I check every couple of days on prices for booked clients and adjust their price if it drops. Not all TA's do this but a good one will. The only time prices can't be adjusted is after final payment(sometimes you can get around this) and if the cruiseline states it's for new bookings only. A TA can sometimes get you upgrades (if available) amenites and shipboard credits depending on the sailing. Also many TA's have group space blocked on certain sailings and can book you into a group rate even though you are not technically a group.

Have a great time on whichever cruise you choose!

Alicia

The world is a book, and those that do not travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine

We have booked on line thru a cruise site, booked direct with a cruise line, and have used a TA. All three worked, however, for our last cruise we found a very cruise knowable TA who did all the leg work for us and stayed on top of the changing rates. When we received our final bill our cruise reduced by over $1,000 total. We plan on using her again on our next cruise. We are now looking on the Internet cruise sites for a particular cruise we are interested in. When we find one we will turn in over to her. :smiley: :smiley: