• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Ok so now what....

Rate this topic

Ok, so I got home from my cruise this past saturday, and i had such an amazing time!! I'm at a loss as to what to do though because now i'm not going on another cruise in the near future :cry: (my dad said maybe we would go on another one in 2 years or something...) What do you do in the mean time!! So i guess i'm just complaining to my fellow cruisers here haha sorry, i must be suffering from PCD (Post cruise Depression) On the upside i am keeping in touch with my new friends from the cruise :grin:

Sorry, Justine, but there's no cure for PCDS (Post-Cruise Depression Syndrome), except to get back on to a ship, immediately...

alt text

However, you can get some temporary relief in several ways:

1) Keep active on CruiseCrazies, and let your fellow posters (who also suffer from PCDS) help you through it.

2) Read Cruise Travel, Porthole and Caribbean magazine, over and over, including back issues.

3) Watch Titanic and old episodes of The Love Boat.

4) Book another cruise (You've already taken care of this one...)

5) Get drunk!!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hey Cruisechic2005,

I check out sites that have videos describing their cruise ships and life aboard. I also look through cruise magazines, order brochures from cruise lines and peruse them, and check CruiseCrazies everyday to see who else is going crazy with PCDS. :grin:

I definitely get PCDS and have to withdraw slowly. :grin:

I too, feel your pain. We're in the same boat (or not!, and wish we WERE in a boat!).

We took a quickie cruise last month just down to Baja...we live in the Los Angeles area so it was soooo easy to just drive down to the port and jump on the ship. It was an unexpected cruise...isn't that the BEST kind? We happened to have some points left over from our timeshare that needed to be used up before the end of 2004, and rather than do a condo trip, we decided to take a Carnival cruise with the points. It was super-fun, because everyone who sat at our dinner table were from the same timeshare and we met and found out a lot more info about our timeshare...we haven't owned it very long.

Anyway, I'd go along with all the recommendations that DaCruzNut gave you for holding off Post-Cruise Depression Syndrome EXCEPT watching the movie Titanic. Absolutely NO GOOD can come from watching a movie about a ship sinking!

Definitely read the travel and cruise magazines, and check out the different cruise websites to dream about your next cruise. That's what I'm doing right now until we can plan our next cruise. <]

Justine-So glad to hear that you had a great cruise. Just stick with us and we can all experience our PCD together. I think that if we are busy wishing other members Bon Voyage, view their photos and read everyone's reviews, before we know it , it will be our turn again. :smiley: Welcome back to CruiseCrazies, Justine

I, too, am going through cruise withdrawals. It's such a downer to come back to reality. I haven't booked another cruise yet, but I fully intend to do so. I'm officially hooked. We had the best time and hated for it to end. Just knowing that there are fellow PCDS sufferers out there with me is helping. I've only been home for four days but I'm already ready to go back out!