• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Back from Carnival Ectascy Cruise

Rate this topic

Well, our cruise (1st for me and my friend) - I wish I would have known about the message boards before I booked on the Carnival Ectascy. After

booking I started reading the message boards. I read alot of negative things about the Ectascy, but really thought my cruise would be wonderful.

1st) Our AC in our cabin was not working correctly. We went to the called the Information (Purser) desk and they sent a main person (so they said) and adjusted the thermostat. Keep in mind the temperature was around 85 degrees outside and getting warmer the further into the Carribean we went. That night it was so hot in the cabin we were sweating. Next day called and went to the Information Desk - were told because the water temperature was increasing the AC was effected. BS!

It did not effect the rest of the ship. We asked for a fan. NO! It was a

safety hazard.

Thank goodness our steward was wonderful. He totally understood our

delima. Our cruise was for 5 nights - the 2nd to last night - he showed up

with a fan. He received a huge tip from us (on top of the regular tip). The fan helped, a little. We would have to leave our door open for

cool air - but of course at night or while dressing - we would have to close the door. Carnival offered $100.00 reimbusement for the problem.

2nd) Our only excusion (booked thru Carnival) was cancelled. Said the water was too rough. It was the beginner scuba in Carma Del Playa (Calica). I will tell you Carma Del Playa looks like an industrial site when you port there, but a taxi took us into the city and it is was a beautiful town nestled on the water and had fabulous shops and restaurants.

This was my 1st and probably last cruise. Certainly on Carnival. I was

completely blown away with attitudes. All the different languages and

trying to understand - a simple smile is an international language that

everyone understands..........!!!

Just sign me so - let down............We did not let all this ruin our good time.

We still met some wonderful people. The food was medicore.

I recommend a different Cruise for those who want to take a cruise. And from now own I will fly to where I want to go - stay a week and fly back.

Carnival just does not have what it takes for a relaxing vavation.

Texas Lady

Well, our cruise (1st for me and my friend) - I wish I would have known about the message boards before I booked on the Carnival Ectascy. After

booking I started reading the message boards. I read alot of negative things about the Ectascy, but really thought my cruise would be wonderful.

1st) Our AC in our cabin was not working correctly. We went to the called the Information (Purser) desk and they sent a main person (so they said) and adjusted the thermostat. Keep in mind the temperature was around 85 degrees outside and getting warmer the further into the Carribean we went. That night it was so hot in the cabin we were sweating. Next day called and went to the Information Desk - were told because the water temperature was increasing the AC was effected. BS!

safety hazard.

with a fan. He received a huge tip from us (on top of the regular tip). The fan helped, a little. We would have to leave our door open for

cool air - but of course at night or while dressing - we would have to close the door. Carnival offered $100.00 reimbusement for the problem.

2nd) Our only excusion (booked thru Carnival) was cancelled. Said the water was too rough. It was the beginner scuba in Carma Del Playa (Calica). I will tell you Carma Del Playa looks like an industrial site when you port there, but a taxi took us into the city and it is was a beautiful town nestled on the water and had fabulous shops and restaurants.

Just sign me so - let down............We did not let all this ruin our good time.

I recommend a different Cruise for those who want to take a cruise. And from now own I will fly to where I want to go - stay a week and fly back.

Texas Lady

safety hazard.

Texas Lady

Thanks for the review, dazed!

I'm sorry things didn't go so well for you. I know that I would have had a tough time without air-conditiong in the hot weather. I hope you don't let this one bad cruise experience spoil it for you.