• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Grandeur of the Sea Hull Damage

Rate this topic

Jason

Boy, that's a really large gash.

Two unfortunate cruise events in one two weeks. I know this looks scary and fortunately, there were no casualties. The occurance of these types of events in the cruise industry is very rare today, so people should not get too frightened yet.

I really feel bad for the passengers whose cruises were interrupted and hope that the remaining passengers made the best of the use of the ship.

I don't know how I would feel if I were a passenger on the Norwegian Dawn or the Grandeur of the Seas and been the victim of thoses events. I'm not looking forward to being a witness to those types of events and have to report them on this board. But, I think I would try to make the best of a bad situation as long as I wasn't flooded out of the cabin.

I'm not sure, after seeing the hole in the ship (that's definitely a hole, not a dent!), that I'd want an extended stay onboard, unless it was going to sit right where it was. I wouldn't want to be on the sea, knowing it has a hole in it. Yes, you can call me 'chicken'.

Sue