• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Diamond Princess review submitted

Rate this topic

Yes, I did! It was a long tour, but to see those two towns (Concordia and Copola) that were started in the 1500's was wonderful. I especially loved Copola - we had lunch there at a restaurant (owned by an American) and had wonderful Mexican food. Learned a lot about the culture and history of that part of Mexico.

Lisa, we loved our Sierra Madres tour, as well. We took the slightly shorter one that went to Malpica and Concordia. We weren't sure if our son could handle a 7-hour tour, yet he was wonderful on the 5-hour tour. Perhaps next time we will do the longer one. I found ours to be most fascinating -- the history, the people, etc. Mazatlan was our favorite port due to this tour.

I read on another board the name of your Captain, who was not the same Captain we had on our cruise. Ours was Tony Yeomans -- a very personable and approachable gentleman, and we were honored to have him preside over the renewal of our wedding vows. He took it in stride when our son wanted to join us onstage during the ceremony. So, I concur with your earlier post that indicated that it's the Captain that may make a difference.

Lisa - I've sailed with Captain Yeomans before (Dawn Princess last July in Alaska) and I agree he is a wonderful guy. We had Captain Pickford - and now that I think about it, I really think the crew took a cue from him. He was not very visible at all, at times didn't seem interested in doing any public functions and never acknowledged passengers when passing them in a hall. That could be part of the problem in the Diamond right now. I sure hope that is the reason!

sailinglisa,

Thanks for the info.

I'm glad that your steward and wait staff were satisfactory. Thay are a very important part of the cruise. They can make it or break it.

It's also important that the other staff try to keep high standards as well.

On Carnival I noticed that all of the staff and deck hands try to say hello as they pass passengers.