• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Tell me about Key West and Cozumel

Rate this topic

gogetter

I love Cozumel. So many things to do and see. We love going to Paradise Beach. Free chairs and umbrellas and water toy rentals are about $5.00. The food was excellent and the beer cold. Lots of shopping here especially if you have a silver lover in the family. Bartering is a way of life. You can also mini-golf, tour ruins, go to Carlos and Charlies or Sr. Frogs. Reasonably safe just use common sense. One of our favorites.

Key West is a great place to people watch. Interesting characters all around you. We took the Conch tour and visited Hemingways house. You can also get to the end of the US at mile marker 0. Hope your there at sunset as it is amazing. Be ready with your camera as the sun sinks quickly.

We really enjoyed Key West. We took the Conch Tour and then just walked around the island on our own. It's a great little party town and lots of shopping. It seems as if every other storefront is either a bar or ladies clothes.

We just got back from Cozumel. We went on a party boat for snorkelling and then to a private beach for about an hour or so. We really enjoyed the excursion. Lots of nice shopping there also.

Howard

You can take a ferry ride to the mainland from Cozumel and do a tour of the Ruins of Tulum. We found that very interesting, just beware of the tourist traps.

If you remain on Cozumel and don't wish to take an organized tour, you can take a cab to San Miguel for $6 for the carload. San Miguel is the only major town on Cozumel. It has lots of nice shops, restaurants and a huge Super K-Mart styled supermarket. I think I saw a Senor Frogs there. The people seemed to be having a great time.

Key West was a nice town to walk around in. You can also see the beginning or the end of "Route 1" that goes all the way from Key West, Florida to Maine. Shop keepers were very friendly.

My ship didn't stay long enough in Key West to really do anything enduring.

We did a bus tour around Key West - there are some really great buildings. I think we just waited at the stop - did the tour - and got dropped off after. Only a few bucks but worth it. The driver had lots of interesting tales to tell. We loved Chakanaab on Cozumel. Beautiful park. Lots to see, you will need a couple of hours just to wander around and take it all in. Just hop a cab, pay park entry fee and that's it. Lot's of beaches and places to eat, as well as gardens, trails a lagoon and some psuedo ruins. And several Iguanas that will pose for pictures. TTFN Jennifer

• 1 month later...

we absolutely loved cozumel. We rented jeeps and went to the other or what is called the "wild side" of the island. The road back there runs the length of the island along the shoreline. The ruins and lighthouse, bob marley museum and 3 bars is all on that road. We probably saw 20 other people the whole afternoon. The beaches are georgous, awesome, beautiful, etc........ We ate lunch at coconuts; it is an open bar set on hill with a path down to a secluded beach. WHAT A VIEW from the top!!!

We had a blast. And, did I mention the waves. WOW!!!!! They were great fun for the 25 of us there. Of course we saved time for carlos and charlies and senor frogs on the way back to the ship. That place was crazy. If you like to party, you cannot miss going there.

Hey gogetter,

I used to vacation every year in key west.

If I were you depending on health I would rent either bikes or a moped and just spend the day spritzing around the island.. back into the conch neighborhoods where the cemeteries and Hemmingway’s house are located.. its rather a small place and if you rent one for just a few hours you should be able to see most of the sites and still save the famous Duval street stroll for your way back to the ship. I envy you.. Key West is special!

As Always

<]