• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Dining question

Rate this topic

gogetter

I, usually, don't feel obligated to let my tablamates know that I won"t be joining them. Of course, if I know I"ll be skipping a meal, I wil advise them.

Usually, the waiter decides when to take the order, and serve dinner, so the onus is off you...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, usually, don't feel obligated to let my tablamates know that I won"t be joining them. Of course, if I know I"ll be skipping a meal, I wil advise them.

Usually, the waiter decides when to take the order, and serve dinner, so the onus is off you...

We had this happen on our last cruise in February. We had late dining, at 8:00pm, and the first night they didn't show up until 8:45pm. The waiter started without them after waiting about 10-15 minutes or so.

Sue

We had this happen on our last cruise in February. We had late dining, at 8:00pm, and the first night they didn't show up until 8:45pm. The waiter started without them after waiting about 10-15 minutes or so.

Sue

Sue

If we know that we won't be in the dining room for dinner on a certain night, we always tell the waiter or assistant waiter and our tablemates. We've never had to wait long for any of our tablemates, but as others say, the waiter will decide when to take orders, and he/she won't usually wait too long out of consideration for all the others and their own schedule.

If we know that we won't be in the dining room for dinner on a certain night, we always tell the waiter or assistant waiter and our tablemates. We've never had to wait long for any of our tablemates, but as others say, the waiter will decide when to take orders, and he/she won't usually wait too long out of consideration for all the others and their own schedule.

Waiting for tablemates ettiquette......I didn't realize this even existed!

I always thought that....yes we are sitting together...but if someone gets sick or decides not to eat formally thats their choice. I suppose if you know ahead of time it would be considerate to let others know your plans. But sometimes you just wing it, and plans change.

Waiting for tablemates ettiquette......I didn't realize this even existed!

I always thought that....yes we are sitting together...but if someone gets sick or decides not to eat formally thats their choice. I suppose if you know ahead of time it would be considerate to let others know your plans. But sometimes you just wing it, and plans change.