• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

1 More Week!!

Rate this topic

TexasGal

Hi everyone! Well actually less than a week to go if you don't count today! I'm so excited...could hardly sleep last night, and today all day i've been thinking this time next week i'll be on a plane to London! I have my $$ in the bank ready for use over there....woohoo! Now I just have to count down. Anything special I should pack in my carry on for the long flight? I'm guessing i'll be in airports and on planes for about 13-15 hours that day....have NEVER been that long on a plane before! I do plan on wearing a jogging suit with a zippered front with a tank underneath in case I get hot on the plane (which normally I get cold), and sandals with socks in my carry on in case my feet get cold. My roomie is hopefully sitting next to me on the plane, and she's bringing a DVD player for the flight so hopefully she'll let me watch with her. :) I'm so excited....only 6 days to go! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

~Keri~

1st cruise-June 1, 2005-Western European Capitals-Golden Princess

6 days until London!!

Keri...what a wonderful cruise you have booked! I'm very excited for you! I hope you have a wonderful time! The flight will be long, and I would just be sure to have any personal things that you would need in that time frame either in your purse or carry on. Be sure to bring a book or some magazines. The longest flight I ever had was to Hawaii from Minnesota. We flew to Chicago and then to Hawaii from there. The flight out was around 8 1/2 hours from Chicago. It got really, really, long, but it was a great flight.

Be sure to get up and move around a lot, and exercise your legs. Hope you have a wonderful cruise and that you tell us all about it when you return.

Keri - almost there lol. I always take my mp3 player or portable cd player. I find the music very relaxing - great for dozing off. You might also want to take along some candy or chocolate bars in case you get the munchies and gum for take-off and landing, as well as a couple of bottles of water. If you are sitting with your friend a deck of cards should really help pass the time. Have a wonderful trip - I am so excited for you and really look forward to your reports when you get home. TTFN Jennifer

Hi Jennifer!

What a great idea about the munchies and the cards! Will be sure to bring both. Do they offer bottled water on international flights? I know they do on domestic and it is free. Unfortunately my last portable cd player broke and I haven't had the $ to get an ipod or anything like that, so i'll have to use the airline's radio if they have it on there. My friend has a DVD player that she's bringing and i'm going to contribute a few movies for that. I'm so excited...woohoo!! :cool:

~Keri~

1st cruise-Golden Princess-06/01/05-W. European Capitals

5 days until take-off for London!!! :D