• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival PVP's

Rate this topic

Hello,

I first booked a cruise on the Fantasy through Carnival and one of their PVP's. If i didn't get to him personally i would leave a message. He wouldn't return a call. When i finally, somehow got a hold of him, he gave me some song and dance about being told not to check his messages until later. What kinda crap is that? Don't you check messages or return calls or check emails FIRST? How else would you know what's going on?

So i found a better deal on the Fascination and after a week of him not calling, i called Carnival and changed with someone else. When i talked to this lady i specifically asked her, would she return phone calls and she said yes. well i want to upgrade and it has been 2 days of her not calling back.

Any ideas?????????????????

Gogetter-Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with your Carnival pvp, I've had the exact opposite with mine, she is fantastic. As a matter of fact she helped out with our CC group cruise to Bermuda. Granted she doesn't always answer her phone but she will get back to you if you leave a message. From what she said it is easier to get through earlier in the day then say after 4pm, seems like everyone is getting out of work and that is their busy time.

You have to remember with any large business like that you will get one or two that just don't want to go the extra distance for you. Another suggestion is next time you call, ask for a supervisor and explain the situation, it maybe the only way to change it.

Jennifer Martins 1-800-8193902-ext 82965 is ours!!!

gogetter

Call Connie Forbes at Carnival we have been using her for a few years and never had a problem she always calls right back.

1-800-438-6744 Ext 33182

Good Luck

gogetter,

Although I have never had that problem at Carnival, the reps usually get back to me in a timely fashion or they are able to take care of my concerns right away, you have a right to be upset if you are dealing with a lemon PVP. If he gave you a lame excuse like being told to do something that sounds unreasonable, I suggest you speak to a supervisor and request another PVP.

It's unusual to get two incompetent PVP's in a row. If you really like the price of the cruise and Carnival is offering something that is hard to resist, I'd keep trying, but make my concerns known.

jtutak,

I personally would feel guilty leaving a PVP without an explanation. I would call him or her and explain in the most unoffensive language as possible the things that I find annoying or offensive about him or her. This may help adjust their approach to you or help them adjust their style if they don't get too many call backs. Then, I would call back and get another PVP. I believe PVP's are like stock brokers. If one does not yield results for me or his or her temperament does not match mine I would request a change. Similarly, a PVP should make me think that I am getting the best service and fulfilled requests based on the criterior that I give him.

I don't feel obligated to stay with a PVP that I am not satisfied with.

I deal with my travel agent about twice a year. We've never met in person but I feel that we have become great friends because he really takes care of me. I almost feel obligated to call him when I need to make travel arrangements. So far, no one has ever been able to beat his service or his prices.

My PVP is terrific! He gets me upgrades, often, and gives me great service. I even got to meet him, once, and he has a copy of Sea of Memories. His name is Mike Lerner, and his number is 1-800-819-3902, extension 82849.

Hello,

Several great ideas. Thank you.........

Now what really gets me is this..........I call the 2nd one.......and she actually answers.......in a moment of pissed off frustration, i hang up.

I will call and talk to a supervisor, to let my feelings known. But at this rate, i wonder if that would do any good.

Anyways, you all have provided me with some awesome other people and numbers, so ......i appreciate it.

Thank you,

:grin: :grin: :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

:grin: Hello,

Just an update..................

I kept the Carnival reservation....................i happened to call back and viola the price went down 40 smackaroos. But then they tell me i can't get that rate because i already have a past guest rate. I tell them...who cares what you call it, just give me the lower rate.....all this goes on for a while....and i end up talking to a supervisor......h apologizes and gives me the best rate......i then explain everything i have gone through.....he apologizes again and said it never should have gotten this far.

So.....the 4 nighter on the Fascination to Key West and Cozumel is costing me for 2 people.....583.44, just under $73 a day pp. Not too bad....huh????