• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What would you do

Rate this topic

This hasn’t happened to us as of yet, but I just wondered what would we do, I guess it depends on the activity.. I mean if they were loud, drunk and obnoxious, I would let the Crew handle the situation.

If they were Heavily Making Out in the hot tub.. <]I believe I would try and suggest they find their cabin.

Other then that, I really can’t think of a reason to interfere with someone else’s vacation, can you?

Always,

I don't know what I would do until it actually happens. Many times I've said what I would do in a situation, and then when it actually happens, I react completely opposite.

If they were hurting someone, I think I'd have to interfere. But there have been many people on board ship whom I thought were behaving inappropriately (for me), and I just walked away. Some people need to dress better while on board...you can't really say much about that. It is their vacation and they can dress the way they want. If something like that offends you, then walk away from them so you don't have to look. Same with heavy making out. I'm not sure I'd approach them and tell them to go to their cabin. I'd probably walk away. Unless I was in the hot tub at the same time. Then, I'd try to engage them in conversation to get them to stop.

I'm mostly non-confrontational I guess. I'd try to work things out before ratting on them to a ship's officer.

Sue

Welcome to Cruise Crazies, Joey and David...

In answer to your question...if I saw someone acting inappropriately...I don't think that I would say anything unless they were hurting someone or doing something that would hurt someone, such as throwing a cigarette overboard. I might say to them, in a nice way, that throwing a cigarette overboard could be dangerous because it could fall back onto the ship.

I would rather not see anyone making out in public, but if I did, I would just ignore it, unless, I had a child with me, and they were undressing or such. I would be tempted to report the behavior at that time. I usually mind my own business unless I think someone's behavior could hurt someone.

If they posed no danger (physically or morally) to anyone else I would do nothing, if not then I would report them. If they were being just lewd or silly - dh and I would just stare and point until we attracted a crowd of starers and pointers - usually works lol. tTFN Jennifer

I agree that if they are acting stupid I'd ignore them. If they were having what should be a private moment in the hot tub, I guess it would depend on whether there were kids around or not. If there were, I'd probably say nothing at all but contact a crew member to deal with it.

I did call security once on a ship when some awful teenagers were tearing apart the concierge lounge on the Navigator of the seas in the wee hours of the morning. I walked in for some tea with some other friends and they were ripping things up and trying to open the liquor cabinet. I just looked at them, got my tea and returned to my room and called the front desk and told them what I saw.

On a new Years cruise on the Victory a few years ago, we were holding the elevator button for a very cute couple, probably in their 80s, when a group of teenagers rushed on. I made it very clear that the elevator was going nowhere until they backed out and made room so the couple could exit. Rita asked me later what would off happened if they had refused to back out. I told her we would have all been in limbo because I was not going to let go of the stop button.

Later on that evening we saw the same group being tailed by Carnival security.

I think it depends on the severity of the inappropriateness.

I have to live with those folks for 3 to 12 days and I don't want to have to watch my back for saying something to correct a negative behavior. I also would not want for there to be any sort of negative behavior where violence would escalate as a result my my saying something to someone else. It's often difficult to sort out who is at fault in a heated augument. Others may not share your opinion about the offense.

If the behavior is disturbing to myself and other passengers and the duration is lengthy, I would report it to ship personnel. If people are just being silly for a moment, I would ignore it.