• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Do you keep a travel journal?

Rate this topic

glojo

We never actual "keep" a journal. I walk around with my camera shooting things and then, when we get home, I write it up for a web page. I find that the pictures serve as my memories. I never go back to read notes I make anyway and most of our friends are polite enough to say nice things about the pictures but probably don't want to be regaled with the minutia.

You can pick up our trips (if you're interested) at http://www.geocities.com/davidandbella

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skipper,

It would be neat if you would scan a couple of the older ones and email them to Jason to post on this site. Or you could email them to us and we will post them on our web site with a link in CC. :cool: :cool:

I do Scrapbooking for all of our vacations. My kids just love to sit down and look at all the pictures and read what we did - it has many great memories in it!

I am falling behind though and I still have to get our Disney Cruise put into it. It is nice to do it a few months later and relive it all once again!

I have a hard-cover spiral notebook that I bring on cruises. I take a few minutes each day to jot down my thoughts. I usually write in the morning, early afternoon, and just before going to bed in the evening. I always tell people that it's easy to spot me on a ship as I'm the one with the notebook. :smiley:

One of our neighbors does something very clever. He buys a regular notebook -- one of those hard-covered black/white ones that we used in grade school -- and jots down his notes on the right-hand side of the book only. He writes their location (latitude/longitude), weather, as well as what he did that day. After he's home and has his photos developed, he affixes those to the left-hand side pages to correspond to what he had written. They store easily and make a wonderful memento.

• 1 year later...

I don't keep an actual journal, but I do carry a small notebook with me and write down the location of each picture I take (and I take LOTS of pics). When we're on an excursion I do write down something about the history of the place.

Then I come home and put everything into a scrapbook. My Panama Canal trip scrapbook is about 6" thick. It has everything from the cruise in it.

But on short cruises, like a Baja cruise that we've taken a zillion times, I don't even take a camera anymore.