• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Alaska on the Sapphire Princess

Rate this topic

Hi guys. We will be on this ship in lafe August with stops at Jeneau, Ketchikan, Skagway and Victoria. We usually wing it for excursions but I am not sure about Alaska. Will there be plenty of cabbies and private tour operators waiting on the dock like we are used to or would it be better to prebook excursions with the ship? Thanks, Larry :wink:

There will be private tours near the ships in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. If there is something your really want to do I would book it in advance or from the ship. Just like anywhere else popular tours book up quick.

Tours that can book up really fast are flight tours and whale watches. Cabs are not big in Alaskan ports but there are various shuttle buses or carriage rides. Skagway and Ketchikan can be walked in a short time period. Juneau has a trolley service that you can pay a flat fee and get on and off as often as you like. Last year the fee was $10 I don't know what it is this year.

It is easy to see the local sites on your own in Alaska if you wish.