• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Group Cruise 2007?

Rate this topic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs. Ogni, both of our birthdays are in November: Joe 11/3, Joan 11/24. We normally have our November vacation between the two birthdays; but for 2006 it will be the day after Joan's birthday (11/25/06 Noordam). A November 2007 group cruise would be great, but it's mostly too early to have the schedules. Most lines are booking cruises through early April, 2007, but not much later.

We personally like the 9-12 night cruises but understand that we may be able to have more crazies join us if we make it a standard 7/9 night thing. So I am Voting for length over Itinerary, unless there is no support then it is as always default Itinerary.

I truly would like to see a bunch of us get together and show the Cruiseline there’s more than one Cruise Thread site on the Web..

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately, at this time, we can only cruise when the school calendar allows. However, if things work out the way I hope, DD will be at college in another 4 years and then we'll be able to talk turkey. l :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
we'll be able to talk turkey. l :wink:

DUH so why not a thanksgiving cruise.. school closes thanks giving..... and i know you aint scared of missing day after "christmas Sales"

Believe it or not, Joey, some of us like to spend holidays with the non-cruising members of our family. That's why our next cruise starts two days AFTER Thanksgiving. The other problem is travel. This year's cruise starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving, in NYC. Fine, no plane travel over a busy weekend. Next year we saw two mouthwatering itineraries for the Saturday after Thanksgiving: one from Barbados, one from St. Thomas. We decided that this wasn't possible: we don't want to fly at that time. Unfortunately, neither cruise line has a good cruise for ustwo weeks earlier, when the date would be perfect: most of our desired ships are doing nonstop transatlantics then.

Subject to change, we doubt we'll be on a cruise ship in 2007. We simply can't find the right itinerary at the right time and price. If we love the Noordam, which has 500 more PAX than the largest ship on which we've sailed, we might change our minds.