• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Carnival Valor

Rate this topic

Gymbrat33 has submitted her cruise review of her recent cruise aboard the Carnival Valor. This is the first review we have of the Valor, and her review is a very good one! Thanks Gymbrat, I'm sure everyone else will find your review as interesting and informative as I did.

To access the Cruise Review Directory, click the "Reviews" tab at the top of any page. Then select the cruise line/ship you'd like to browse the reviews for. If you have any questions or need help, please let us know!

You're welcome, Jason! I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

I forgot to mention in my review that you can now view the menu on the t.v. When I went to check my account there was an option for the dinner menu. When you click on that they list the appetizers, entrees, desserts,beverages, salads, and wine. They then give you a description of each.

Gymbrat33

Seems as if you liked the Valor as much as we did. It was our first cruise and we were very impressed with the ship and crew. It seems that your only complaint(and minor at that) was that your dinner staff wasn't that talkative, ours talked to us the whole time and proved to be very interesting!!! Now we only have what we would consider a fantastic trip to compare everything else with :smiley:

Chris

ps you also mentioned the Sea Miles Card, we signed up for it and have been getting points for the last couple of months, I'll update you on that when the time comes. Anyone else out there have one? And if you do have you used it yet for discounted or free cruises?

Ours was for our 25th Wedding, 1/09/05 thru 1/16/05, we had the exact same itinerary as you. We are on our third month using the card and have approximately 16,000 points, of course the first 5,000 were on them, but we pay for everything with it now. No more cash, no more checks, and when people see the card they just smile :grin: Paying it on line and keeping up with it I haven't paid a single finance charge.

Nice review, Gymbrat. Glad you enjoyed the cruise so much (but it's a cruise so how can't you enjoy it). We haven't been on the Valor yet, but it sounds great. I agree with you about 4 ports being a little too much. Our next cruise is 4 ports, but it's a 9-day cruise. We were on a cruise like your Valor cruise last April, and we felt like we needed a vacation when we got home.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Valor.

Howard