• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Airfare?

Rate this topic

we have never flown from realy the West - East.. so unsure of prices...

How soon do you buy your airfare? I know the USA has better selection for airlines so you have better chance at airfare deals..

Anyone flown from West - East? so far for 5 of us its just over $ 2800.00

Have no clue if thats a good buy or not...

TIA

:smiley:

Is that Canadian or US $ ?

What I do is go to Travelocity and put in where I am going and when I am leaving plus or minus 1 day, and they come back with a decent price, then I will save it and wait for them to update the price. If you do far enough out you might get a better price by waiting to see what the market will bring you. It's all a guessing game, same with cruises, early or late, or see if they are going to run a special.

That's canadian....I do check Travelocity and have a fare watcher with them...

Do you know what high season is for flying West - East? since its summer this way and that way, thought maybe it may go up closer to Fall..

Just wouldn't like to pay much more..

Thanks

:smiley:

I book our air fare almost 330 days out. For our up coming cruise departing FLL. I was able to get us Round Trip seats in Prime Time (7am to 3 pm) on AA for 220 a person by buying 4 one way tickets.

We leave LAX on the 25th of February at 7:25 and get to FLL 4 and half hours later at 3pm. That fare was 114.00 pp

Then coming back we get FLL at 11:30 and get back to LAX 1:30 or so and that too was like 115.00pp.

You just have to do your homework.. There are deals but you need IMHO to commit early.. As the fable state the early bird gets the worm

Good Luck

I start looking as soon as I know I'm going on a cruise, or when the booking window opens (some airlines take bookings at 353 days, others at 330, and others only a few months ahead). I check airports within a couple hour drive, so in my case, London, Toronto, Buffalo, Detroit, and Flint. Almost always, flying out of Canada costs more, as does flying out of Detroit. I'll check each aiport website for a list of carriers, since there are smaller ones that you might not have heard of, and I'll check their websites directly for prices, since Travelocity etc doesn't carry all airlines.

For major airlines, I'll compare travelocity or orbitz prices to the ones on their sites, and sometimes I'll find cheaper fares, sometimes not. Then, if I think I have something, I'll call my travel agent and see what they think. For our cruise next January, the cheapest I was finding was in the $400-$500 CDN range, until someone on x said to check Delta out of Flint. We ended up booking out of there for $240 CDN to LAX in April. The price on Delta.com is now $360 US. I think we did okay.