• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

FLL..or Miami?

Rate this topic

Ok, yes this is odd but bare with me.. we think we will be flying in/out of FLL as they so far are cheaper to do so...

BUT, for us to get around to places like Zoo, Aquarium all that stuff, would it be easier for us to stay in FLL or Miami??

We have Hotels reserved in both locations as we were not sure what would be better?

I will say Miami Hotel is $ 200.00 cheaper...than FLL one....same Hotel line...

We MAY still get a rental car, dh is not keen on the idea.. but he hates to drive anyway..we have ordered a map so not sure what the distance is besides maping it online..

Any help would be very helpful..

Thanks again :smiley:

I guess we need a little more info to answer...

Are you flying into MIA or FLL?

Are you flying out of MIA or FLL?

Are you leaving from Port of Miami or Port Everglades?

Will you be spending time in South Florida, pre-cruise/post-cruise, and ,if so, how long?

I'm going to ask one more question about FLL/Miami if you don't mind...maybe if I get an answer to this it will help you too, cruisinmama:

We are flying into FLL. Still trying to decide if we want to rent a car, but if we don't...

How far is South Beach (Ocean Drive) from the Miami port?

1. We're trying to decide if we should take a shuttle to the port, and then a taxi to Ocean Drive.

2. or just take a taxi directly from FLL to Ocean Drive in South Beach.

So, how far is Ocean Drive from Miami port? Our cruising partners are staying in South Beach the night before we arrive and we could go to their hotel, leave our luggage and walk around for a bit before it's time to get to the port.

Any help on this, please? Thanks, Sue

South Beach (SoBe) is about 10-15 minutes from Downtown Miami/Port of Miami. It's just across the MacArthur Causeway from the mainland. The causeway is the road you see from the ship as you sail away from the dock and down Governemt Cut, on the port side.

If you're leavig from Miami, I'd stay there. There are several hotels in Downtown. You'll find a discussion of these at:

http://www.cruisecrazies.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5600

Miami Seaquarium is quite a few miles from Downtown and the Metrozoo is about 35 miles away. If you like birds, check out Parrot Jungle Island. It's on Watson Island, along the MacArthur, and you can see it from the Port.

Also, Bayside Marketplace has shopping, restaurants, entertainmet, etc; and is right across the street from many Downtown hotels. By the way, "South Florida" is a large area encompassing Miami-Dade County, Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale area) and Palm Beach County.