• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Rental Cars in Florida

Rate this topic

Suzila

I need some help with a rental car in Florida.

We are arriving at 6:00am on 7/28 in Ft. Lauderdale. We are getting on a ship in Miami between 1-3pm that same day.

It has been suggested that we rent a car rather than take a shuttle, so we can see a little bit of the area rather than sit around in either the airport or the port for hours.

I have been on the phone for some time with a few of the car rental companies and I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to go about this.

The question is: if I rent a car in Ft. Lauderdale at the airport, and the closest car dropoff point in Miami is at the airport, how do I get from Maimi Airport to the port? I assume there is a shuttle from there, is that right? Or is it feasible to take a taxi from the car rental place to the port? How far is the Miami airport to the port? What is the cheapest way to get from the airport in Miami where we drop off a car to the port?

I asked these questions before from FLL, but now we've decided we will probably rent a car...so I need the info for Miami instead regarding how o get to the port from the car rental dropoff point.

Thanks so much, Sue

Hi Sue,

I have the same sort of question also..lol....I know if you drop the car off at the airport there is a shuttle...

Did you find a decent rate for a car?? I've been looking up on the net, we are looking post Cruise...

Good Luck I'll be watching for answers too. :wink:

Super Shuttle operates out of Miami International with service to the pier. Follow the signs to the lower level. Check out:

http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/mia.htm

Getting from FLL to the Port of Miami has always been a problem! There's no shuttle, or any mass transit. The only way is taxi, limo or rental car And, the rental cars a problem because of different city drop-off.