• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Need you advice quick!!!!

Rate this topic

Ok, we have quite forward cabins and I do feel the ship as last time I took meds the whole time and still got a little green...

So now we can switch but we would be on floor 6 above the stores and bars.. a better spot for less movement , but not sure about noise..

Can anyone steer me to the right cabins?? :wink:

6th floor right after the hump...or forward on the 8th floor

Thanks

:smiley:

Maybe ships are like houses, and not built like they used to be, but when we were on a 20-odd year old ship, right above the bars, we didn't hear anything. I'd rather be over one than under one anyway. I'd say that if past experience has shown you to be a little susceptible to motion sickness, I'd stay away from the front. Besides, noise in the bars won't bother you in the cabin if you just simply stay out in the bars till they close LOL.

Haven't been on Explorer, but have sailed Voyager. It doesn't matter where you are, the ship is so stable you can't even believe you've left port. What ship did you have motion sickness problems on?

I'd go for the highest deck, regardless of where it is fore and aft. We will be on Adventure next month on deck nine up forward.

jbond...we were on the Monarch, smack right in the middle of the 5th floor..

I was really ill in the threatre so we didn't spend much time there,in the room I had a few moments of ughhhh...

dh thinks we will go lower just incase....and bring ear plugs...like he said he rather I enjoy our 1st balcony also than feeling ill in our room too...

My ta was calling this am, lets hope the rooms are still open..

Thanks

:smiley:

Well after driving our TA nuts as she found 2 sets of rooms, one set was ok..but the one room was an adjoining but we wouldn't be joined....we passed on that set..

But we did take the 6th floor instead of the forward 8...just to make sure we'd be ok..

Thanks for your thoughts :wink:

We sailed Monarch when it was in the Caribbean. The difference between Explorer and Monarch is like night and day. I'd be surprised if you have any motion sickness problems. I thought that Voyager was the most stable ship we have been on, other than the Queen Mary in Long Beach Harbor. :grin:

The first time we were on the "Infinity" it sailed like it was on glass. You didn't even know you were on a ship. This last time, we had some rough seas the first few days out, and for the first time in eight cruises , I got a bit sea sick. Both times, we were on the top decks all the way forward. Since you have been sea-sick before, it might be a bit better for you to be on sixth floor and not too forward of the ship.