• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New to RCCI questions

Rate this topic

Qcruiser

We have only cruised once before, on Princess, and I have some questions for all you Royal Caribbean vetrans.... I've heard that RCCI is more strict with their alcohol/wine policies. I was able to bring a case of wine onboard Princess packed in the wine box itself and checked with our luggage. Their official policy says no but reality was different. What does RC do? :huh: :wink: Also, what is their tipping procedure? Are they added to my account like on Princess? This was quite convenient, and I could tip extra if I wanted to, but didn't have to worry about disbursing out the money myself. Well, we don't sail until Sept. 06, so as the questions come to me, as Arnold says.... "I'll be back".... thanx :wink:

Hi

Well we Cruised on RCI in March and we didn't bring booze on board so I'm sure someone else will help you on that.. Also we did pay for our tips on our card, but they didn't do it automatically..we had to write out a form for it to be done...

HTH

:smiley:

My experience with RCI is that you will have no problem taking wine/champagne on board. We have done it about four times out of 20+ RCI cruises. We have never taken a case on board, just four bottles of champagne.

You can add tips, the standard amount to your sign and sail card. It isn't automatic, you have to fill out a form and hand it in at the pursers desk. Toward the end of the cruise, you will receive vouchers to put in an envelope to hand out. You can add any additional tip at that time. I prefer it to the Princess method where they don't give you a voucher, just makes me feel uncomfortable.