• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SUNSHINEFORBLUE: Cozumel Update

Rate this topic

It was a very strong storm packing winds in excess of 140 mph.

The island has suffered significant damage but cleanup is already underway and we are all trying to return to "normal" as soon as possible. Thankfully lives were not lost and everyone is pitching in to help their neighbor.

I will be posting just some photos sometime this week in the News section of Insider ~ look there to see some of the damage.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com

Hope that was ok to Post...

I'm not sure on the Port being open or closed..That was from a lady who runs excursions and lives in Cozumel.....

I'd maybe call the Cruiseline to see whats going on..but at least Cozumel isn't canceling things as far as she said...

HTH :smiley:

Where are the pictures posted on that website? I don't see it. And according to that website, it says Cozumel experienced 'minimal' damage, not significant.

We're right behind you sunshineforblue...our cruise is scheduled to be there next weekend.

Truthfully, I don't care if they have to change ports (although it doesn't sound like they will)...I'm just not excited about getting caught in any major weather.

Sue

I sure hope someone finds out something. I will call the cruise line on Saturday, since we are flying into Miami on Sunday and the cruise is on Monday. Hopefully on Saturday they will know more about this.

Alot of people are saying to go to South beach when we get to Miami. We fly into Miami at noon and have that day to do what we want. Any suggestions?

sunshineforblue

If you're looking for black coral jewelry, check out Roberto's Black Coral Jewelry, on 5 Avenue South. He does beautiful work and his prices are ridiculously low. Pieces that are similar to his, in Grand Cayman, are $200-$300. He gets $50-$60 for pieces that are similar, but nicer!

I couldn't find Roberto's site, but check out:

http://www.dutyfreemalls.com/Mexico/Cozume...Coral%20Studio/