• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Prices? up/down?

Rate this topic

When you all book your Cruise or Cruises...do you check the prices all the time to see if the rates go down?

How do you check? just go through the web site and see what you get with the same cabins?

Does your TA look out for you?

Thanks for the info.

:smiley:

I booked with a TA but I check my self for price adjustments. This year our Dec.3 cruise aboard the Sea Princess went up $800 by the time it sold out in June. This trip they have an extensive itinerary and that is why I think it sold out. So far for next year (booked direct with Cruise Line) I saved $140 pp for our inside cabin and it will probably go up again because I booked 17 months out. Its fun to see the price go up but not down.

I just go looking for the same cabin to check apples for apples. Its part of the cruising process for me. I spend a whole year on the computer before our trip. I check prices, islands, excursions, hotels pre and post etc. I love the process. All I can say is that you have to do your homework in order to get the best price and that requires getting on the computer and checking for yourself. Our TA is not much help as she is too busy so I have decided I can do as good or better of a job myself and have fun doing it.

Hope you get the best price, enjoy.

I do check daily..lol....its been about the same except today... hard as I need 2 rooms right near each other....

we are happy with the rooms we now have....I did notice our rooms color is cheaper than what we got ours for but not on the Cruiselines web site..but on Travelocity..so not sure if that still counts or not....I hate having to do the exchange too such a pain.. but it shows $ 140.00 diff...USA money than what we are paying...

I too love looking and planning...I think I have done more work than our TA also...first time we have used her...I will say I have drove her crazy...with emails and changing rooms..lol..oh well.tee hee :grin:

I'll keep checking.. :smiley:

I check whenever I have a few spare minutes on=line. I have found reductions on quite a few occasions. I called my TA and they did a price reduction. (For some reason I never have the time to call my TA when the prices go up. LOL)

MaryLou

I never check. When I book the prices, I pay are so low I can't figure how the Cruise Lines can make money. So I am very happy with the price I get and am not going to get greedy. I know all of you reading this think I'm nuts, bet remember my dates are flexible and only book super good deals. I'm signed up for emails with all the Cruise Lines & TA's on the INTERNET and sort through them daily. When I see an offer I can't refuse I book!!

I do have our TA check periodically. Unfortunately, we have never had a price drop on any of our cruises. We have, however, had a drop in airfare which our TA found for us. :grin:

Howard