• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Attire..

Rate this topic

I know, I know many couldn't give a hoot what others wear but I do..lol..

Now we saw some shoes today I didn't say anything, but do you think a pair of nice dress pants or khakis and black runnng shoes I think they are rebooks..look like dress shoes would be ok for formal night for my son?

He owns NO formal wear and I'd rathe get things he'll maybe wear again...

Better than pants that hang off his butt and show his gotch..lmao :grin:

Gettin the girls in formal clothes will be not as bad, well 1 dd who hasn't EVER wore a dress might be a challange..

Just wondering what your teen wore..or if you had any ideas..

Thanks

:smiley:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our grandkids like to dress up. We've always rented a tux for our grandson for formal nights, but you'll see lots of boys in almost exactly what you are thinking of.

This isn't a board that stresses over dress codes, so you'll probably get a lot of helpful suggestions.

I guess it would depend on his age IMHO. If he's younger then teenage he will be able to get away with khaki's and a dress shirt. The sneakers are fine. I'd make sure the clothes were pressed well and the shoes are clean.

My son wore dress pants a long sleeve white shirt and a tie on his first few trips. As he got older he wore a suit. Make sure he changes out of the good clothes before he goes to the kids club so they can be worn again.

Your daughter doesn't have to wear a dress. Black pants and a dressy top will work on formal night. My daughter likes to dress so we never had any issues.

sailingrose

he is 15....I'd love for him to wear a nice suit or something, but we are so limited on getting one at a decent price...and he'll never wear it again...

My 1 dd is not a frilly gal...lol... but i'm hoping for a nice pair of slacks and a nice blouse..and well I'll have to deter my ydd as she'll want a full gown..lol...

Thanks for the ideas...

When my son was that age, he wore dress pants, a dress shirt and tie. We bought him very inexpensive dress shoes from Payless. Of course, right after dinner, he'd go to the cabin and put his jeans on . DD, who is now 13, wears a dress, not a gown or anything fancy, and she changes right after dinner, before she meets up with the other kids. The black sneakers will be just fine, cruisinmama. Cheryl

There is nothing nicer that a young man or woman making an effort on a formal night - we had a couple of young lady's really standing out on our last cruise because they didnt make an effort & then there were all those lovley pictures showing the familiy's with the young men in Shirts & tie's and the lady's in grown up evening dresses - they dont need to go over the top as they can get away with a bit more than adults on the formal night and our son wore sandal's & normal van's type shoes with light coloured pants but with a shirt & tie it makes all the difference - we have a georgous picture of Jamie & his friend Cole on the second formal night in their little shirts & ties! defo one to keep. (little tear in eye)

Karenuk I aso agree.. we saw some stunning family pics...was nice to see the kids all snazzed up..lol.....even if my son doesn't get a suit , he will be in a shirt and tie...

The girls well 1 will be a bit harder not a girly girl..lol..the other would love to wear a gown....

I'm really looking forward to getting them all dressed up nice.. may not happen again, until they have Grad...