• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Car Rental - Houston/Galveston

Rate this topic

JimmyJ

Greetings all.. If anyone is in the Houston/Galveston area, I need some advice.

We're flying into Houston on US Thanksgiving (Nov 24) and taking a Princess Cruise out of Galveston on Nov. 26. I'm having difficulty finding a car rental company which will allow me to rent in Houston and drop off in Galveston. I think it'd be a long way driving back to Houston to turn in the car.. and then how could I get back to Galveston.

We're thinking of staying in Galveston at Hotel Galvez. Any comments on this hotel as well?

Any suggestions?

Hi JimmyJ

First let me welcome you to Cruise Crazies, Glad your here and I look forward to your posts.

I don’t know about One way car rentals in the Houston Galveston Market, But I have had pretty good luck with Avis on several occasions with different one way rentals.

They do have round trip shuttle service available from Houston to Galveston area Cruise Hotels.

So I do know the options are available, I’m sure one of our more knowledgeable members will be able to narrow the information down a bit.

Good Luck

Hi JimmyJ, and welcome to CruiseCrazies. Can't help you with car rental info as our cruise from Galveston included all transfers. We can help you with the Galvez, however. We did both a pre and post stay there and absolutely loved the place. We would give it a five star on everything including food and service. It also very convenient to shopping, restaurants, and a free trolley ride to the Strand.

You will enjoy!

Thanks everyone... I like John's idea of just transferring to Galveston then if necessary, rent a car !

Thanks for all your kindness...

Just starting packing (only 3 months to go)

JimmyJ

Toronto

Where Everyone seemed to escape the Air France plane today.. that's a miracle.