• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Taxi in New Orleans

Rate this topic

dahdwdp

Does anyone know how difficult it will be to get a taxi in New Orleans after the cruise? This will be the first time we have not parked at the pier. We got a deal at the St. Charles Maision (I believe) with parking and will need to take a taxi back to the hotel.

So close...and yet so far away!

Hey dahdwdp!

First let me say I don’t know the answer to your question, Had you thought about calling the hotel Directly and asking them? I'm sure they have the correct answer.

On another note alt text

Welcome to Cruise Crazies! I look forward to your posts and also your Review of the Carnival Conquest when you get back!

Welcome dahdwdp to Cruise Crazies board. It's a wonderful place to find out all kinds of information and the people are extremely helpful and very, very nice.

To answer your first question, we're staying at a hotel close to the pier and called them about transportation from the airport to their hotel and was told they have no shuttle but have a contract with a cab company and would make that arrangement for us. We need to let them know a few days ahead of time and the cost is $24 for the cab, not per person. I'm pretty sure we could get the same cab company to pick us up and take us to our hotel after the cruise. We'll be staying at the Daphnie Orleans. I suggest you call your hotel and see if they have some kind of arrangements like that.

To answer your second question, Interior Cabin is what you are until you've posted 100 times then it changes and after 500 posts, it changes again, and so on and so on and so on. We really don't have any control over it.

Again, WELCOME

Welcome to cruise crazies ...... we are heading out on the Conquest, but, unfortunately not until next March - it seems such a long way away. Just think - when you get back I will be the one asking you questions all about New Orleans. Have a great trip! TTFN Jennifer

dahdwdp and nelly noooodle,

Welcome aboard. It's great to see you posting. As Tut said, the more you post, the better your accommodations here at CruiseCrazies. HOpe to see you both posting often and hope to get to know both of you. :cool:

Hi. Thanks for all the replies. I felt so special :smiley:

We are staying at the Maison St. Charles. Our room on Sat. night is $89 and we leave our car there and they charge $5 a day for parking. They have some sort of shuttle to the ship but you have to take a taxi back. It appears to be quite close so I was wondering if the taxis wouldn't be too excited about such a short fare. I will write back after and let those of you interested know.

On another subject, I cannot find my over the door shoe bag! Any clues. I wanted clear and that seems to be the problem. Plus I want it cheap!