• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Scandanavian cruises

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

Hi jacketwatch,

Depending on what your requirements are will most likely dictate which cruiseline you will want to sail.

It’s mainly a personal choice, and a matter of which lines service the Itinerary you guys want to see.

I realize that didn’t answer your question, however if you could give us more details and I’m sure you will get a lot of opinions. :grin: :grin: :grin:

On a personal note if it aint Celebrity we don’t cruise, but we I am sure are not in the majority! Good Luck!

Are you talking strictly Scandanavian or Baltic/Russia. The ones doing the latter typically do Copenhagen, Stockholm or Helsinki as well as St Petersburg and some Germany and/or Poland. HAL, Princess, RCCL, Oceania, Star Lines Marco Polo, Radisson, and SilverSeas all do that.

If you are interested in strictly Scandavian, fjords, etc, then QE2, Crystal, Silverseas, and Celebrity Century do the Norwegian Fjords, and Sea Princess does a (London), England, Amsterdam, Oslo, Norway; Copenhagen, Denmark; Helsingborg, Sweden; Southampton (London), England itinerary in July.

Due to weather, May to September is the only time these cruises are scheduled.

We did the Baltic a couple of years ago on Brilliance of the Seas, RCI. We sailed from Harwich, England, and visited, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia and Estonia. We were there the first two weeks in August and the weather was unbelievably good.

We are booked on Jewel of the Seas for next June, for a cruise around the British Isles and the Norwegian Fjords.

I have photo albums posted at http://community.webshots.com/user/jbond105/1 under Brilliance of the Seas 1,2 &3

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

Wow guys! Great replies. Thank you. You have given me some ideas to ponder. The post by John inre to those iteniraries sounds most interesting and really it seems you can't go wrong either way. we'll look into it and thanks for the ideas. :kiss: