• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hawaii Cruises...

Rate this topic

cruisinmama

Hi Ann,

Hawaii is a great trip. We get over as often as we can. I must tell you we prefer to do the land thing there,thus have never done the cruise vacation.

With that being said, I think there are actually 3 California cities San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego that have round trip cruises to and from Hawaii.

There are also the cruises that start and finish in Hawaii .

So depending on what type of experience you are looking for!?, That IMHO would dictate the cruise line to choose.

Celebrity, NCL, Princess, and I believe RCCL all to the round trips during one part of the year or another.

If it’s a romantic experience your after I would suggest a more service oriented line with a verandah stateroom so you two can enjoy the morning or evening sun thingy!

:wink:

Our dream for Hawaii is ......get a round trip ticket from home to Hawaii and while in Hawaii take a back to back cruise so we can see as much of the islands as possible while taking in all the beautiful scenery. We hope to do this in 4 years.

Hope you find just the right trip for you. :smiley:

Without prejudging

I would look Holland America, Princess and Celebrity.

And if memory serves me correctly there might even be a hawaii trip from the northeast which could save you big money i would imagine I could be wrong.

Good luck Ann on your research

Ann...

I just sailed on the "Infinity" of Celebrity Cruises to Hawaii round trip from San Diego last December. It was a fantastic cruise, and if you're looking for great food, service and entertainment...they have it. I have a review of this cruise in the review section if you care to read it.

Here is a link to some of the pictures from the trip!

http://community.webshots.com/user/Infinity230

Thanks so much for telling me...I was going through the reviews ship by ship, as I knew someone had gone to Hawaii....but I found yours..

Sounds like an awesome trip...I would love to do this one....I've been to Hawaii b/4 but my dh has not..

Also do you think flying to Hawaii has an advantage than say going USA round trip??

I too saw all the port stops in a row....we had that on our last one..and I agree it can be so tiring..

Thanks again

There are also a few one way cruises on Carnival and Royal Caribbean that go to Hawaii from Vancouver. One way cruises to/from Hawaii have to start or end in Mexico or Canada, unless it's on one of NCL's American registered ships. The round trips from California have to stop in Mexico to satisfy the foreign port call requirement.

For a pricing example, on Royal Caribbean's website, the Sept 24, 2006 11 night cruise from Van-Hawaii is about $1700 CDN for an inside, or $2200 for a balcony.

From the ones I looked at, I'd give a serious look at the 15 day round trip Island Princess cruises out of LA. Not sure how they price out, but it likely will be higher than the above prices, considering it's 4 days longer. But also look at airfare options when looking at these types of cruises. Doing a one way cruise to Hawaii is going to mean one way air back