• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - HAL Oosterdam

Rate this topic

Jason

lly sorry to hear that your cruise was so bad. I know how much all of us look forward to our cruises, and know that we all consider some more special than others. I have never sailed on HAL, but have considered sailing with them in the future. I may have to revise my thinking after reading your review. :undecided:

We're sorry HAL treated you so badly and didn't provide sufficient "make goods" to get you to try them again. We hope that doesn't bode ill for our potential 11/25/06 cruise on the Noordam, which will come after cruises on Windstar and Radisson.

Maybe it's time for you to try the small, personal ships such as Silversea, Seabourn (unfortunately owned by Carnival), Windstar (also Carnival), Sea Dream, or Radisson. If you get a good fare, they cost no more than a HAL SS, particularly considering how much more (wine, tips, soda, bottled water, sometimes an excursion) is included. If you want a big ship, why not try Crystal?

Neither Ken nor I drink so no we are not pressured to drink.....The three times I have sailed Carnival I really didn't get that party atmosphere. In fact, I thought they rolled the sidewalks in rather early but maybe we just went on off times............

I guess every line has their problems.