• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Wind Surf

Rate this topic

Jason

One of our newest members, Joanandjoe, has submitted his review of a cruise last year aboard the Wind Surf, a Windstar ship. I'm so glad you had a great time aboard the Wind Surf. Thanks for the review, I enjoyed reading it, and I know everyone else will too!

To access the Cruise Review Directory, click the "Reviews" tab at the top of any page. Then select the cruise line/ship you'd like to browse the reviews for. If you have any questions or need help, please let us know!

Thank you Joan and Joe for the review. I think I would have gotten upset with the line for not offering to switch your room since they had open rooms? I imagine this way of cruising is alittle more costly since you are under sail? It sounds intriguing and I will have to check up on this line. I'm glad you have a great vacation. Keep on posting. :smiley:

Regarding the room switch, we honestly didn't think about a room switch until after the fact - we were too busy trying to deal with the bumpy conditions - and they didn't offer. A big glitch, but not enough to detract from the rest of the cruise.

Windstar is a division of Holland America, which is a division of Carnival Corp. It has three motorized sailboats: Wind Surf (about 310 PAX) and Wind Star and Wind Spirit (148 PAX each). The sails are computerized but beautiful nonetheless. In the Med., most of the cruising is under motor power, but we probably were purely under sail 10% of the time and under sail, but assisted by motors, another 25% or more. In the Caribbean the ships are under sail more often. Also, the two small ships are under sail more oftern than the Wind Surf. When the ship is under sail, it's glorious.

Joanandjoe,

Just read your well written review. Sounds like you had fun and visited some great ports. In our younger days we might have enjoyed a sailing cruise ship.

Also, welcome to CruiseCrazies--the friendliest cruise site on the WWW! :smiley: :smiley:

joanandjoe, Thanks so much for your review. I enjoyed reading it. I'm sorry to hear about the problems with the bathroom. On the other hand, that lobster and lamb chop barbecue sounds wonderful. Glad you had a great time.

Welcome aboard. We hope to see you posting often and hope to get to know you.