• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Valor-1st ship with bow to stern internet access

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

When we were on the Valor in January the system still had some bugs in it, otherwords it didn't work quite right all the time, and we just used it in the cafe. Yes there are charges, of course there are always charges, they have a few different packages available the most expensive being the all inclusive start to finish deal. I guess if you use it all the time it would be worth it. We paid in blocks of minutes and hardly used all of them. Of course it was used only to check email to make sure that the house hadn't burned down and the kids and animals were still alive :grin:

Nice as it is to be able to stay in touch, I agree with Jeff the reason for a vacation is to get away from it all.

Yes. One does pay a fee to get on line even if you use your own computer. You're paying for the airtime. It will be interesting to see how much it is. I'm sure it's comparable to using the internet cafe on board if not slightly less.

A friend of mine spent about $75 to get 3 e-mail messages out and read his e-mail while he was on a ship. That was for a total of 100 minutes at .75 per minute. It would have been worth it to get one of the plans and pay a lower rate per minute if he really needed to be on-line.

There's got to be a more economical way to stay connected.