• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hey Gang I need Advice

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

We booked this cruise basically because we both needed some serious beach water therapy. So we are looking to spend as much time in the water as possible at nice non intrusive beaches,

someplace where we can just chill... get some food if we want a few drinks with umbrellas u know just a slow day.

So I need some help ..if you can.

We have visited St Maarteen before so we have our X marked on the beach right across the port at a cute place called:<] Antoine by the sea<]

We need information as to the other three ports

Castries, St Lucia

Bridgetown Barbados

St. Johns, Antigua

We prefer “free“ beaches however.. any direction would be great!

On another note .. Our plane gets to FLL at 6;30 in the freakin morning…. It was the best last minute Best flight/price I could find ..(for those that aren’t aware yet .. I squeeze the head off of the head of a nickel) My question is .. Since they wont start embarkation till like noon.. What suggestions would you guys have for the 7 hours we are in early.. Do hotels ever charge a half day rate?<]

Sorry Joey. The only one of those ports I have been to so far is St. Maarteen. The beach by the ferry did look very nice but we visited this Island at the end of an 11 day cruise and had quite enough beach time by then and did not go to any beaches there. Surely there must be someone on this site who can give you some information. It sounds like a great cruise though with interesting ports.

Same here, just like Mary Lou, St. Maarteen is the only island on your list that we have visited. We've never spent any beach time on the island. If you're not shy you could take a taxi to the French side and visit Orient Beach, which is clothing optional. We hear that is a very nice beach. You could Google the others for info, but we'll bet some of the Crazies that have been to them will respond.

Joey - do what we do - become "fashion police". There is nothing that makes time go by faster than "critiquing" everyone that walks by - quietly of course.

That's about the time we got into Orlando for our Glory cruise - and we were surprised how quickly the time passed. Have a little breakfast, stroll through the shops, play couple of games of cards and it's time to board.

But mostly we just love people watching - especially when they are coming off a red-eye. Tee-hee.

ttfn Jennifer

I agree with Hazelson. People watch. We had to take a red eye from CA back to Ohio and we got there fairly early. We checked in, got something to eat, then just sat and watched people.

It's amazing how fast time goes by. Being in the LA airport we were watching for famous people, of course, but we still saw some amazing sights. We think we spotted P. Diddy but we're not sure. There's a lot of "look-alikes" in LA.

Just as an example, see the picture below....my very favorite part of visiting LA.

alt text

That is so true Jenn.. and lawd knows how we people love to talk about people!!... but seriously.. I was born impatient... It's hard for me to wait 7 minutes much less 7 hours... but we will make it... I just didnt want to sit at the airport with luggage for hours waiting for the time to head to the pier to Wait there! :wink:

But I digress.. hey what do i care by the time sun sets I will be on a cruise<]

Thanks